1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightning Rearset Relocation kit

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Ninja250Rider, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Ninja250Rider

Ninja250Rider Dad's Little Hooligan

2. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

I know you are trying to save a little cash but those seem pretty overpriced for what you're getting. You would be much better off getting some full rearsets or even Woodcraft sells the mounts plus rigid pegs (you supply your stock levers) for not too much more than that and they are as strong as hell. Other than locating your pegs in a better position the main reason for buying rearsets is their durability in a crash. Most will survive some pretty hard crashes. Now your stock ones with relocators, will almost guaranteed break in any kind of crash or tip-over and then you end up spending the amount you saved replacing the stock units. Lockhart-Philips has a program for licensed racers called Team Privateer, that gives big discounts on all their parts. I bought a set of Vortex adjustable rearsets for less than $260. Ask around on this forum or EBAY for some used ones too.

3. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

I didn't see a photo on that page but if these are just little set back plates why don't you just make up your own. If you can't cut aluminum make up templates from plywood or particle board and have a local machine shop cut them out for you with a bandsaw. Should cost less than $50. You'll nee a longer shift rod so thread an aluminum stock adapter or just have the same machine shop weld in a little extension after you cut your rod in two.

4. Ninja250Rider

Ninja250Rider Dad's Little Hooligan

Thanks for all the tips:beer:

5. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

i made my own. cost me less then 30$