1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light Weight Twins Fest Willow Springs June 10-11 Roll Call!

Discussion in 'General' started by Big Sherm, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Big Sherm

Big Sherm Well-Known Member

I've been REALLY looking forward to this, and went ahead with the upgrade to expert just so I could participate.

TWO TEN LAP RACES over Saturday and Sunday, and gridded by a 15 minute qualifying session Saturday after practice, not to mention a significant cash purse!

Who's in?

Scott

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You guys better hope Curtis Adams doesn't show up!

Snake Charmer likes this.
  3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I hope Curtis does show up, or Bradley. Heck, somebody should call Tigert, he's always good for a lap record on a decent bike. Oh yeah, I'm in.

4. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

I was going to make the trip however after Road Atlanta I have noticed I have some set up issues on the new bike and probably need to spend a day at the track making changes.

5. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Does Jeffrey still have the record or did Tyler break it? I think Tyler had a couple on the SV but can't remember where.

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It would be cool to get an event together where all Lightweight Twins folks throughout the country show up. It seems that it's either east coast or west coast.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, Tyler has it with a 1:27.19. It will be interesting to see what the guys run now.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    zamboiv likes this.
  8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

TWF is in :)

Dragginass, caferace and Monsterdood like this.
  9. Monsterdood

I was interested to see a fire breathing FZ-7 SBK have a go. Keep in mind the Old WSMC classes were capped at 650cc plus a 1 mil overbore. WERA can now go up to 700cc so I would expect a bike with more displacement and power to be get the record at Willow. However lots of people can still go plenty fast on a 650 anyways.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree. Ty was riding a cam swap, flatslide SBK that made 80HP. I know Andy Palmer had a fire breathing SV on alcohol that I heard made 100HP. With that someone could probably get in the 25's on the right day.

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I was just looking at a google earth image of Willow Springs. Looks like there are 3 tracks out there? Anyone care to give details?

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Look for the big one with the omega turn at the north end.

13. dsapsis

Yes. Busy in sf. Great photos.

14. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Main track is Big Willow, then there's Horse Thief Mile (directly north of the pit area @ Big Willow) and on the east side of HT Mile is Streets of Willow.

15. dsapsis

Sorry about this. Not relevant. :crackup:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I think I'll be there.

caferace likes this.
  17. caferace

caferace No.

Once, I imagine. No way a 100rwhp SV is going to last six laps at Big Willow (IMHO).*

-jim

* unless it was an SV1000. ;)

18. NinjaTwin

NinjaTwin Active Member

In...just not sure what compliment of classes I will add to my schedule. What is everyone else doing?

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

20. Monsterdood

Planning to run LWT SBK and F2 in addition to the LW Twin Challenge. On Day two, I may only run LWT SBK and LWT Twin Challenge. I might need to pit with someone with power since I'm not 100% of my pitting arrangements. I basically am packing my gear in my Ogio 9800 and have a bike to borrow and have a few other bits like warmers ready to borrow but no power and still working on a few other details.