1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life-flights are no fun!

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Apr 24, 2017.

1. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'll jump in to remind anyone that participates in life and is an adult that you should have a personal accident insurance policy. I did and without it I would probably be in a group home or forced to move in with a relative due to my injuries from my big crash in 2013. They are not expensive policies either.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  3. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Damn, I missed it by one little "R". Let's try again.....

www.airmedcarenetwork.com

They do have a special offer going on right now though. Join now and pay for your second year, and you get a free vegomatic AND a Popeil pocket fisherman....S&H extra. :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  4. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Where do you go for this type of coverage? I'm always afraid to bring up the "r" word to any of my insurance providers.

5. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Yes they paid a good portion of it. Forget how much since there was also many other bills involved like ICU, hospital, Care Partners rehabilitation, ambulance ride to the helo pad, another ambulance ride from UT to rehab, etc. 3 months wearing a halo and full body brace. Wore the body brace for 3 months after both life flights since my back was broken both instances. Good times.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Should have quoted this one...

When stating this...

:D :beer:

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I had a policy through work / Aetna. I made sure when I was hired to be sure I would be covered if I raced. You can check with Aflac and others I'm sure. A quick Google search should get you started in the right direction.

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I have an accident policy with Aflac, racing is covered as long as there is no money involved.

9. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

I've posted this before here on my old account I've had better days lol

Attached Files: