1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Libya - No Fly Zone

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kmfegan, Mar 20, 2011.

1. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

When are we going to start hearing we got involved so President Blowmama could steal the oil?

If President Bush was still in office the MSM would have already brought Dan Rather back in w/ forged documents clearly showing President Bush orchestrated the whole thing just so he and Vice President Cheney could steal all the oil jut like they did in Iraq.

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The Messiah gets no blame for anything. Everything is still Bush's fault. ;)

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

LOL....seriously?

I already threw out the 'black gold' and Halliburton card, I wont even bring up the fact that Congress didn't get to vote for these awfully 'war like' actions that they're (Dems) all saying is not.

Bottom line, what's good for the goose is NOT ok for the ....................

4. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Just give them a few days. In less then a week, 3/4's of the 20 something aircraft that the other NATO countries have committed will be down AWP (Awaiting Parts). We'll be picking up the slack and filling these holes in the schedules.

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I think Gaddhafi is already saying that. :)

6. speedracer170

speedracer170 Well-Known Member

I hope so, need some extra money:D

7. Sacko DougK

Have per diem, will travel. :D

8. positraction127

positraction127 Well-Known Member

9. Sacko DougK

From the responses, "Senator Obama would have voted to convict President Obama in an impeachment trial!"

:crackup:, but true!

Libya posses NO THREAT to the U.S. at all! Stop this illegal action. We are NOT the worlds police force!

10. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

The other thing is that the Arab nations went to the UN to authorize the infidels to create a no fly zone.
    AFAIK the majority of the Arab nations have their own air forces. Everyone should have told them to pound sand and use their own men, equipment, and finances and take care of their own business.

11. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

We need to decide on a Foreign Policy and stick to it. Action in Libya but not Bahrain or Yemen reeks of hypocrisy. If we're just going to judge every situation individually then we essentially have no Foreign Policy. We just have whims.

12. Joe Morris

One glimpse of the Saudi Air Force would have you volunteering to eat these words. It's been said that Saudi's don't have golf they have fighter jets.

13. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Interesting how quickly world powers (UN) agreed to use US assets to settle things in the desert. Should Iran be nervous?

14. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

I beg to differ. "America, f**k yeah, coming to save the mother f**king day, yeah!" :D

[​IMG]

15. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I hope you meant that they treat it like a leisure activity. Having been there and worked intensively with the best they have to offer, I can tell you that that force is good for nothing but show.

16. Joe Morris

Exactly my meaning. :beer:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I caught a bit of an interview today of someone who apparently was a former French Air Force instructor. He said he saw/trained Libyan pilots back when they purchased fighters from France, and he only recalls one who was worth a damn. He says that for the most part, they were only good enough to operate the engine or the radar, but not both at the same time.

18. Sacko DougK

I take it they graduated the French Air Force training program with honors??:crackup::D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know much about military training, but I can tell you that flight training in the civilian world is something the frogs do at a higher level than their American counterparts. :)

20. Sacko DougK

Actually, I've had very limited interation with the French military. The only real operational activities I've had with them, they were dropping ordnance through our altitude onto the same target :eek:. Of course they didn't have the correct crypto so we couldn't talk to them on the net and had to make a "safety of flight" call in the open. They ignored that call and continued to make drops. We were then forced to call off our mission and RTB. Needless to say, we were really pissed off.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011