1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lever guards... where to buy?

Discussion in 'General' started by dickie doo, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

You will be after Cam B rides a Suzuki to the championship in 2019.

Wanna put $25 to the Air Fence Fund on it? We'll figure out the inflation when it's time to pay up.

2. Sure, count me in.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Said by the guy that is going to race an Ape vs. a much less expensive GSXR, ZX-10, BMW. :crackup:

4. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

Apples to pancakes. But I dig your style.

5. Hey. Hush it.

:crackup:

6. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Testing

Got a chance to race both bikes this weekend at RRR in multiple races and the new lever guards worked quite well. Didn't interfere with lever movement, bodywork, hand position, throttle, cornering, etc.

And for the first time in almost three years (on the F3) I haven't had a throttle grip start to twist off during a race. Was really nice not having to concern myself with that during a race.

Before all you yahoos chime in telling me I need to use better grips, hair spray, a good quality hair spray, wire tie the grips in a couple of places... that's what I've been doing.
    Heck, I don't know. It's just nice to have grips that stay in place and not have to worry about a brake lever getting bumped, possibly levers not getting broke in a crash :up:

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Scott's grip goo from your local M/C dealership is best

8. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

:stupid

Although in a pinch I use spray paint

9. I got tired of mine doing that and started putting Gorilla Glue on those bitches. When time to change them, I get a razor blade after them anyway. It just takes an extra few mins to get all the glued shit off. But I have never had a grip slip. :D

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

We tried GG at CMP one year and it didn't stick at all. Crap

11. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

12. I should have specified it wasnt Gorilla Glue, the normal kind. It was actually Super Glue. The clear kind that always ends up on your fingers and has to be scraped off with a knife. :D

13. Randy, hit me up next time we are at the track together and i will give you some black duct tape. I have gloss black and matte black. :up:

:D

14. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Believe me, I have black tape for the wheel weights. Running two sprint bikes and rebuilding busted endurance bike and everything else going on... seriously haven't had time to pretty up the little things. And it drives me crazy!!!

Been trying to get the two sprint bikes painted all year. When I sprint race them I feel like I'm wearing two different shoes, each covered in mud :cool:

15. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

I found using a thicker gauge safety wire helped more than the thin stuff. The normal gauge that I use on the bike would just slice the grips. HF had some thick gauge stuff, I used along with golf grip tape and golf grip solvent :) Those 3 and never had a grip slip or move at all. 4 yrs on the same grips, granted I only run 4-5 race weekends and 8-10 track days a year.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Had the same grip issue...gasgacinch worked and setup in 30 mins even with the rain. Its like snot!