1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk Pressure Washers

Discussion in 'General' started by USracer900, Jul 10, 2017.

1. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you can find this one then it is my suggestion.

http://husqvarnacdn.azureedge.net//qs_h=700&crop=1&w=1470&ver=00000000T000000/_$$_/media/dam/husqvarna/trimmers brushcutters forestry clearing saws pole saws and edgers/sprayers/2014/12/08/13/55/h260-0178.ashx

I'll point you to that one for one very simple reason. If you are washing an entire house then you'll be stopping to fill the tiny little gas tank on the models you have chosen often. The one in the image is the one I own and I can wash most of the house and all of the flat work on a single tank.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Husqvarna-3100-PSI-2-8-GPM-Carb-Compliant-Water-Gas-Pressure-Washer/3606420

USracer900 likes this.
  4. USracer900

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I have a Honda and its been rock solid.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If you are not going to use it frequently, borrow or rent.

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  7. USracer900

It's $50/day to rent, I'll need one for at least 5-6 days so I figured might as well buy one.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'd agree with that but I wash cars too often to rent or borrow.,

9. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Harbor Freight 0 questions return policy.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thus the use of the word frequently.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Weekly rentals are less per day...I've gotten to the point where I don't need to store yet another gas powered device that I rarely use. YMMV.

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I have a $300 dollar cheapie from Sam's that I bought about 7 years ago, and it's been great. If it blew up tonight, I'd buy another in a heartbeat. I haven't a clue as to how I survived all these years without one.

13. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

How much do you charge?

14. USracer900

What brand was it? Honda engine?

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'd go Honda or Yamaha. I bought a 3000 psi Rigid. It has a Cat pump and Subaru engine and it's been really good, but for another $80 I could have had a similar Yamaha and I think it's a better unit.

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

And winterize.

Most guys forget to winterize the pump.

Usually with the cheap ones these guys are talking about you can't get the plungers serviced if you crack them or a housing in the winter.

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Whatever you end up buying DON'T underestimate the GPM rating.

That's very important when washing your house, car, etc.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep - that's more important than the pressure itself, low gpm won't let you get very far up a tall house.

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I bought one at Sears 15 years ago with a B&S engine. I've kept it in an un-heated shed for those 15 years, have never changed the oil and I don't do anything to the gas when it sits for months and it has never let me down. Pulled it out last month after it had sat for at least a year and used it for 8 hours...never missed a beat.