1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesson learned the hard way.

Discussion in 'General' started by RCjohn, Apr 30, 2002.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I learned a lesson the hard way Sunday morning at TGPR. I tried a pass in the morning practice that I shouldn't have tried. I was battling for the practice podium when I tried a pass on the right side in the little right hand kink at the end of the front straight. The other rider moved out setting up for the left hander before I could get by. I had to leave the track to avoid taking him out. I hit him but luckily not hard enough to mess him up too bad. It was a dumb move on my part and especially in practice. I found him later to apologize for hitting him. He was a nice young rider that said no problem and that made me feel alot better. :)

I came away with a slightly messed up black(and dirt) RC-51, destroyed leathers and helmet plus a broken finger. :(

This was my first bike crash ever(not counting the Honda 50 when I was 7 ;) ) and it sucked. :)

Lessons learned:

Safety equipment is vital.
    Don't take dumb risks in practice.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey John, sorry to read about your crash. At least you learned something from it! glad it's only a broken finger. So, did this know enough sense into you to get rid of your RC51 yet? :D

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I was wondering why I didn't see you out on the track...I was thinking you weren't there and that's why I didn't walk around the paddock and try to find you. :(

Glad the wreck wasn't worse and I hope to meet you soon.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

So it was broken for real? Sorry for calling you a pussy for not racing after that! Everyone crashes eventually, you got off pretty cheap for your first one.

Grid Viscious

5. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

It sucks that your finger got broke. I know how you feel, I was glad to get through my first week end with bike and body intact. I'm glad you came by and chatted for a while. You haven't found any major bike damage have you? Drop me an e-mail and let me know what's going on...

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

LOL! Not yet. The bike did fine. It's me that needs help. :D

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Thanks for the comment s gang. :cool:

BTW, Paige I came by a couple of times to chat but your group was always busy so I didn't want to disturb you. I will catch you at the next one. :) Tell Michael good job this weekend. :cool:

Everyone will have to excuse my typing problems. The left pinky is an important part of typing. :rolleyes:

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Hey now, no such thing as disturbing someone at the race track. :)

9. Suff

Suff Well-Known Member

I still think your a wimp. We had plenty of duct tape, we could have taped the finger up for you. Seriously, glad to hear your mostly ok. Look at it like this, you got that first crash out of the way, and now the RC is pre-destructed.

10. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I learned a lesson too yesterday, make sure nothing is coming before making a left hand turn!!! DOH!!!!:mad:

11. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Did you get T-boned Tracee?

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

LOL! :D

BTW, how are you feeling? I figured you would be prettysore too. :(

The first crash is done. :eek:

13. Tracee Polcin

No. I was the t-boner.:mad:

14. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Bummer dude... Hope its not too bad.

15. Tracee Polcin

Not too bad, but $101 for failure to yeild while turning
    left, it's a little steep.:eek:

16. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Hey John,
    At least you know why you crashed. I still don't know what caused my front to wash like that and, to my knowledge, neither does Kyle. It's always better to know the mistake that was made. I have had a number of people fall down in front of me, Including Suff (AKA the Machine) and never really panicked and kept on going. I seem to be a magnet for that crap. Who knows, maybe I did a quick brake pull when Kyle fell down to avoid hitting him. Never the less, I wasn't hurt and that's always good but I am still confused as to why I crashed.:confused:

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You guys were hauling ass through that turn and I'm sure you were close to some bike limit. That was bizarre to see with both of you running like that. Glad you guys weren't hurt and the bikes weren't too bad.

18. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Hey John, sorry to hear about your bad luck. I was wondering why you were walking around in the paddock when i was heading out to race. Hope you heal quickly and get back on the track soon.
    Mark G

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Thanks Mark. It looks like CMP will be my next ride. I don't think I will be ready for the VIR weekend. :(