1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legality of Superbike Bodywork

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Duracell24, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Duracell24

Duracell24 Well-Known Member

This may be a completely retarded question from a beginner, but I couldn't find an answer ANYWHERE online so here it goes....

Is the Sharkskinz Superbike bodywork for an 06 R6 illegal to run in WERA Superstock classes? Sharkskinz makes both a "Superbike" and "Supersport" bodywork for 06 R6's and I didn't know if they did that just for fun or if Superbike bodywork is illegal to run in WERA Superstock.

Again, if this makes some of you laugh cuz it's a ridiculous question then please enjoy one on me:beer: But any knowledge thrown my way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

^ I'm curious to hear the "official" answer as well, but unless you're winning races, I can't imagine anyone would care...

If someone protests you for an illegal seat, they're asking to have revenge exacted swiftly, and hilariously.

3. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

Yes there is a differnece, the superbike body work doesn't use the stock seat, just a foam pad as where the supersport bodywork retains the stock front seat.

If I remember correctly it is illegal to use superbike body work in superstock classes.

4. Duracell24

I'm familiar with the differences in the seat. To be more specific in my question...Sharkskinz makes a "Superbike" Upper/Lower and "Supersport" Upper/Lower. The Superbike Upper/Lower "smooths out some of the OEM lines", from what I've heard.

Although I was curious about the seat thing as well so thanks Josh!

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

According to the rule book, the way I read it there is some contradiction but it does say...

A “Superbike Seat” is allowed (i.e. the seat is molded into the tailsection).

6. Duracell24

Sweet...so the seat question is cleared up! So now the only question that remains...

Can you run Sharkskinz "Superbike" bodywork (Upper and Lower) in Superstock class?

7. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

it is allowed as long as you retain the original shape. Which all of the BW makers do.

Always used one myself.

8. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Rulebook says "exact replica replacement" bodywork must be used.
    As already stated, superbike tails are legal.

9. its_nero

its_nero Well-Known Member

What are the advantages from a superbike tail? More feel from the rear without that cushy OEM seat?