1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leather suit business

Discussion in 'General' started by WANABE RACER, Jan 10, 2017.

1. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? From the look of it on Facebook seems like everyone is promoting there own leather company.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

because the paki and chinese manufacturers will sell to anyone.

Shit, they've posted here on the BBS trying to sell direct.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Just seeing a lot more than usual I guess. I'm sure some of them are ok.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and I'm sure some will fall apart if you say the word "pavement" within 20 meters of them. :D

jeffr1ey, masshole, cajun636 and 5 others like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All you have to do is respond to one of the pakistani spam emails and you're in business selling leathers.

masshole and Gorilla George like this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well if that's all there is to it I should jump in. :crackup:

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why not? Everyone else is. Just come up with a name (I'd suggest Bandit Leathers), a logo, open an ebay store, post on facegores and then just sit back and count the money. :D

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm looking for partners, you want in ?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ck no! I've bought shit leathers that failed as soon they went near pavement, no way I'd sell them. :D

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I know you're always looking Dave .. buy a set of Taichi's this month and you get a free pair of gloves. That enough to nudge you over the edge? :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope. :D I'm done unless my self rehab of my shoulder works. :D Worked for my wrists, they actually function now.

12. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

All that self-imposed wrist action paid off huh?

Sabre699, brex and crashman like this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

some insight:

friend of mine approached me to start this as a joint venture for longboard racing and MC racing. we had lengthy discussions back and forth with the guy from pakistan - really nice and energetic dude...

after looking into it and running some numbers we decided to keep up out friendship and not ruin it whit a business venture like this.

i could have got a custom kangaroo suit for $bottom dollar though. still skipped on it.
    the hassle with the unpredictable quality - potential returns and the cash cushion you need for that - very tricky.

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

They had a ton of booths at the Orlando bike show, surprisingly they were not not very busy,

15. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

I can hook you up with a machine ( I buy. repair, and sell them)so you can do your quality control . alterations and repairs when they come back or you can do like most and send them to me for the fix.
    most of the imports are tit for tat as far as quality goes though the price ranges vary imho they are still the same just middle man mark up . we're not seeking that new suit dollar so that's jsut our experience. bill and darethea