1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaking Washing Machine Help

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Sep 27, 2019.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

My in laws have a leaking LG washing machine. Leaking from the bottom. They can’t get anyone who services LG out to their house. I’m guessing it has to be some kind of rubber seal that’s going bad. Anyone have any serious advice on what to look for? Thanks in advance

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Google the model, find the manual and there are likely forums that will point out problem areas.

3. A new washing machine.

roy826ex, sdiver, sharkattack and 2 others like this.
  4. fastedyamaha

Fixed it for you :beer:

5. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Probably the pump but you'd have to get into it to be sure. FWIW if you have the ability to fix things you can get parts fairly reasonably online or locally. They are simple devices that you can keep alive for a long time.

joec and BigBird like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did you swear at it? Threaten it?

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If it's a front load, it could be the door seal. That appears to be a bear to replace.

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

The tub seal is a likely culprit if it is a top loader. Not really the easiest of fixes. I just scrapped my last washing machine because I didn't want to deal with fixing it. I usually repair my own appliances but sometimes you just have to punt.

BigBird likes this.
  9. I do that all the time, and mine works fine. :crackup:

I always like the ones that look cool and have all the buttons and shit, then they get setup at home and realize they are too complicated and I can't work them. I end up washing everything exactly the same, so I don't have to try to change any settings. :D

One time I spent 20min trying to get the fucking thing to turn on, and it wouldn't. The wife said "I never have any problems, just let me try it". Of course by then i was mad and was like "hell no...i got this".

I kept getting more aggravating, and pressing the buttons harder. Then that turned into hitting the buttons. Finally I punched the whole control console with my fist, and walked off calling it 67 different kind of motherfuckers.

The wife pushed the button, it worked fine.

Turns out, I was just pressing the buttons too hard the entire time. You have to touch them softly. WTF.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Buy her a bucket to stand over while she is washing the clothes.

Kev59 and Gorilla George like this.
  11. fastedyamaha

It is a front loader but it’s leaking from the bottom.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If the break in the seal is on the bottom of the door, it could show under the machine. Either way, I still stick with my original suggestion. If you have a local appliance parts store, they might be able to provide some guidance. And there is probaby a youtube video on finding and repairing the leak somewhere.

13. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

Look at the label with the model number. There should be the LG 1-800# on it.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

LG techs, from the actual LG company, are pretty good.

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Two words: Speed Queen.

https://speedqueen.com/

Not being smart, here. All the new shit from this Korean conglomerate are junk. Even the honest appliance people dealing their brands will tell you that. Unfortunately, they’ve managed to just about take over the appliance industry in this country.

nd4spd likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We like bells and whistles and digital. And we want them cheap.

cav115, ducnut and Gorilla George like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Eff that... New house!

ducnut and Gorilla George like this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The Broome approach.

19. :crackup:

20. joec

joec brace yourself