1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lawn mower racing

Discussion in 'General' started by freaky, Jan 20, 2001.

1. freaky

freaky Guest

i know we've discussed this before,but is that the greatest form of racing or what. [​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No.

Motorcycle Roadracing is the greatest form of racing.

[​IMG]

3. freaky

freaky Guest

yeah but you can't put a deck on a bike and cut your grass afterwards.i guess i'll stick with wera.
    but seriously,that is without a doubt the lamest form of racing i have ever seen.i can now say they will race anything.
    ps-it's looking good for july mongo.i just talked to them and we're just waiting on the final decision.

4. MARRC11

MARRC11 Well-Known Member

Actually - you can't do it with these racing mowers either. Not without alot of effort anyway. Used to be a bunch of guys did it for fun. Now they're serious. None of those machines will ever cut grass again.

[This message has been edited by MARRC11 (edited 01-20-2001).]

5. tv143

tv143 Member

What I want to know is if they can put lawn mower racing on TV why can't they cover such "boring" racing like ours? I think I'm gonna get in touch with ESPN and find out what the deal is. [​IMG]

6. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

back in sept. I was in TN. I saw a lawnmower pullin tractor...ford 9 inch and a 2200 VW air cooled motor....some people are way too bored.

7. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

it's simple...everyone can relate with grass! [​IMG]

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Hey maybe during lunch at TGPR we can set up a lawn mower race. And of course there would be no rules. [​IMG]

9. freaky

freaky Guest

yeah,we can leave the decks on and maybe we can get free entry for cutting the grass at the same time.

10. DukeRdr

DukeRdr Member

Sounds like something that should be investigated, especialy at some other tracks , like, say, Nelson Ledges....

11. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

They cover it because they know that people will stop and watch it because they can't believe something so lame is actually being televised.

12. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

They put it on because somebody paid for it to be on, i.e., bought the commercial time. You could get Heavyweight Twins Novice on the air if you bought the commercials to support it.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thank You JU!

I get tired of always being the one to say that...

14. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

does this mean you want to foot the bill? [​IMG]

15. Bryon K. Dumas

Bryon K. Dumas Well-Known Member

Hey, the portly twins may be slow as lawn tractors but they weigh...okay, they are heavier, but I bet they do something better, give me a few hours to think on this...

Aha!!! You look better on the cover of RRW on a Mille than a Huff-aye. I knew it would all boil down to style points.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Style IS everything!