1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Rc8

Discussion in 'General' started by oldguy, Dec 12, 2005.

1. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

Just got a phone call sending my deposit check back. Seems the RC8 won't be coming stateside any time soon. That's a good thing now that I found out the sales price is $29-30K :wow:
    Holy Shit!

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

$30,000 would buy alot of Geritol.

3. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

well hell thats another 4 bikes --what a team--:beer:

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Oh well... There goes my hopes out the window. Looks like the savings will have to be for the new truck then...:(

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's probably for the best. Midway through 2006 they'd send out a press release to some obscure magazine in Poland saying they decided against continuing to support your bike, they'd then show up, take your motor and leave you holding the bag.

God help you if you were riding it and said something bad about the bike.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Then the next year they'd give your motor to that crazy guy up the street who drives a 1972 Maverick (complete with JC Whitney headers) to use in his tractor.

They'd also support all 50 of you neighbors who ride SMC450's.

and you'd be left up at the Honda shop looking for a motor to fit your chassis.

7. Hyperdyne

Oh well.. Guess I'll just flog the TLR for a couple of more years. Think the homies at Zook' will gimme some contigency for running a 99'? It's almost V7 legal :rolleyes:

8. Hyperdyne

Well if I let my son ride it, he's an American Idiot, or racer... Maybe that'll change their mind.

And I call B.S. on those JC Whitney headers... There nothing more than the one-off protos from Hooker