1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KTM RC8

Discussion in 'General' started by Flex Axlerod, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

after much talk on here about the new KTM just wanted to report that it (and Ty of course) dominated this past weekend in Texas.

Overall winner of 4 hour endurance race
    winner of all three sprints it was entered

beat all inline fours and twins

1 second off the lap record for TWS

not a bad start

2. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Impressive.

3. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

That's what she said.

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

when that beast would pass my little SV in the endurance it would scare me like a prov nov. it is L*O*U*D!!!!

5. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

yeah it was the Ty Show this weekend, that KTM did good. James Randolph is racing one on the West Coast and doing quite well also on it.

6. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Never known Ty to be on a slow bike.

7. lbjasonc

lbjasonc Well-Known Member

that bike was lookin dam good this weekend!

i corner worked on sat for the endurance races, and spectated on sunday for the sprints. that KTM is a beast :up:

Ty flips that bike from side to side like a feather

8. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

yeah, but is that ty or the bike? :D

9. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

It's the bike. I have logged lots of track miles on a twin & then got to flog an RC8 for a few sessions @ Miller & in Fontana. Doesn't have that "wanna go straight" heavy crankshaft affect you find on some twins & it is most definitely a flickable beast. Has tractable power so you can roll on it harder on the exits & still get grip. Get a good racer on that thing that is going to spend a little time adapting to it & setting it up right & it should go very well.

:cool:

10. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Have they fixed the shifting problem

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

not sure but the damn thing sure makes a pretty endurance bike.

[​IMG]

12. random hero

random hero Banned

Nice, I think Ty could win on a piece of dog shit attached to two wheels... guy has the cmra tracks on lockdown, probably could ride them in his sleep!

13. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Not trying to take away anything from the KTM because the bike is sick but let's be truthful, Ty's got the ability to make a 02 Katana 600 look fast lol. Nice pic of Gabe next to him with Kawi leathers on the Yamaha!! Chris did it rain during the superstock nov races?

14. random hero

random hero Banned

That looks like Gabes Kawi to me :confused:

15. I have never seen one IRL. How "big" is the RC8?

Is it similar in size/shape to the RSV4?

16. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

same here.

17. It looks like whoever that is on the blue bike is either in the 2nd wave or asleep. :D

18. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I am not sure. My wife and I laid in the bed at the hotel. My two hour stint took everything out of me and we slept in.:D

19. random hero

random hero Banned

anyone else notice the tiny rear sprocket on the KTM.....

20. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

What is scary, Ty planned to sprint the endurance bike with sprint tank rather than endurance tank. His sprint bike wasn't running (as of Saturday night), but he said (the sprint bike) puts up 170 hp and 91 ft lbs of torque.

The bike pictured next to Ty was in fact a zx-6 and Gabe was not riding it.