1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kris Turner phone call...

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

My son is 11, and he never saw me race as I quit when he was 4. He's an avid race fan and can tell you everything about MotoAmerica racing. I took him to Road Atlanta earlier this year and let him talk to @ghetto customs and that was cool for him because he knew I raced Chris a lot in the past. So tonight I reached out to his favorite 2019 rider @oilslinger Kris Turner to see if he'd speak to him on the phone. Man, what a 3 min that was. I felt weird calling a racer asking him to talk to my son, but knowing he doesn't see me on TV at all, I knew it would be awesome for him and you'd think he was talking to Marquez. I can't thank Kris enough for taking the 3 minutes he talked to Davis to go over this year's races and plans for next year. He really enjoyed that.

Sorry for the rant. Just a good Dad,feel good story. And thanks @turner38 for raising a good dude. Wish you guys well next year.

Kris

BigBird, cajun636, Britt and 37 others like this.
  2. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Glad Krapper could be of assistance! He has his moments and is pretty good with kids. I’m sure Kris has memories of chasing you when he was a kid he could share Also, used to worry the hell out of me when he would get you and Brad in sight and start trying to catch you....
    I remember one High side at Nashville from that happening! Probably helped him a lot in the long run having fast riders to chase.

BigBird, Brad, Kris87 and 3 others like this.
  3. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

"knowing he doesn't see me on TV at all, "

You wore out that Suzuki cup vhs and broke it before little D-man was old enough to understand the glory before him, didn't you?:D

badmoon692008 and Kris87 like this.
  4. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

He wore that tape out in two weeks probably.

Kris87 and Brad like this.
  5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Nah, I have it all and he's seen it before. He always asks me why it's blurry...uh, son, we didn't have no HD back in the dinosaur days. :D

BigBird, cajun636, Britt and 2 others like this.