1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kobe Pro Race Gloves??

Discussion in 'General' started by Kam, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Kam

Kam Well-Known Member

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Yes...they are awesome. These are the most protective glove on the planet IMO...if they were $300/pair I'd still buy them.

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Kobe makes great stuff! :up:

4. iceman017

iceman017 alive and kicking

my teammate has had them for two years and crashed at least 5 or 6 times in them. he finally just got a new pair. as for me... i have had alpinestars gloves and while i love some of their gear - the gloves (all models) are crap. I'm buying kobe next.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I wouldn't go quite THAT far but they are darn good.

6. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

they're great bang for the buck gloves.

only time I've wrecked in mine was fairly low speed (by the time I made it to the dirt on the other side of the gravel :eek:) banged my hand up a little, but overall I was VERY happy with my non scientific crash testing of them.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Like I said, big and bald, they are darn good. :D

8. Cuddles de Sade

you sure they aren't just garden variety 'good' as opposed to 'darn good'???

I'm thinking the combined weight of the dDT/Cannoli/Cuddles-effect might be too much to overcome...

9. davegsxrold929r

davegsxrold929r Well-Known Member

I have used them for 5 years now., I will use nothing esle..

crash tested over and over

10. Bob E.

Bob E. _________________________

FWIW,

My old Alpinestars gloves finally gave up on Saturday of the last Talladega event.

I drove over to Highland Park/ KTM World/ 1888Fastlap and purchased a pair of the Kobe Pro gloves.

At first they felt a lot thicker than the Alpinestars and I worried that they would feel awkward on the track.

To my surprise, I didn't notice any difference while riding. They felt great.

I'm very satisfied with them.

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

On my second pair...one bad crash on them...hands were fine, rib not so much

12. (diet)DrThunder

If you know of a more protective glove, lemme know so's I can check 'em out. I only bought the Kobe's because that was the upper limit of protection that I could find. They're way more 'heavy duty' (thicker leather, armor) than anything I could find by Spidi, A* or Held, so I bought 'em.

I should have mentioned that they are more bulky than some. Personally I was happy to get used to that in exchange for the extreme protection. Some might not like that tradeoff, as there are some gloves (Spidi and A* come to mind) that are thinner in the palms, and less bulky, for improved feel.

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

On mine the palms and inside of the fingers wore through in relatively short period without any crashes. Replaced with Teknics which have held up much better.

14. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i wore the Kobes for years. Only problem i had with them was the carbon fiber knuckles. In a crash season before last, they tried to cut my pinky finger off. There is a really sharp edge where theyre attached to the glove and even tho the glove didnt rip, when i pulled the glove off after the crash, i was looking at the bone of my pinky. Using the A* top of the line right now, and theyve held up great, even thru a couple of crashes, and still nothing but scuffs. :up: IMO, Helds are the best gloves money can buy tho.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dave, you're talking protection which can be very suggestive. I don't care much for hard armor in the knuckles so I'd tell you the Kushitani K5046, K5106 and Helimot H20 are better for me. If you like hard armor in your glove on the back of the hand, have at it.

We can debate opinion on gloves all week and you'll lose. Why? 'cause I got the ban button. :crackup:

16. Cuddles de Sade

I love dictatorships:crackup:

17. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i had a pair years ago, agreed the protection is really good, but i didnt like the feel. i got rid of mine after two weekends.

18. (diet)DrThunder

I wasn't debating...I was asking you which ones you thought were better so I could check them out. The minute I find [insert any bit of gear here] that is safer than the one I'm currently using is the minute I'm using it.

But alas, I won't wear anything without hard knuckle armor until some of those phase change (or whatever they are) foams start to show up. I have a pair of those Helimot gloves for street riding...love 'em. Once the internal seams had some miles on 'em to break in/get soft, they became the most comfy gloves I've ever had.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For hard armored I like the RS Taichi but because my pinkies are about as straight as fish hooks the armor in the pinkies causes me problems.

I really really like the Helds and the top end Spidis.

20. luckyhat12

luckyhat12 Silly Blue Rider

I have had joe rockets, a couple of other brands, the $200 alpine stars GP pro ones and I am on my second set of the Kobe gloves. I am sold on them for the money. I crashed hard enough to grind through several of the rivets in the palm and grind through a couple of the leather straps and didn't have any damage to my hand. Had lots of damage to other body parts but none to my hands.

I crashed in the same spot in 2005 with those nice fancy alpine stars and broke my wrist in that one. what got me was that the stitching blew out of the fingers in the crash on the alpinestars and I had only had them for 3 weeks.

Just my experience... I will buy more of the kobe gloves.