1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kobe Pro gloves?

Discussion in 'General' started by shaugdog, Mar 6, 2011.

1. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

Anyone use them? I got a set after getting a recommendation from a friend last year, but I've never seen anyone else wearing them. These gloves for the price seem amazing. Are they just not well known, or am I missing some critical info like they blow up after awhile? Thanks for any input.

2. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

I have 2 pair. They work well but are a bit stiff vs. Held. Been using them for 4 seasons but if I was not so cheap I would get Held Phantoms. They did the job in crashes but didn't hold up great. The Wife repaired the seams and I still use them

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I have a pair, and have only used them sporadically, for two reasons: 1) The sizing is SLIGHTLY on the small size as compared to other size L gloves I own. the difference means that my hands get numb. and 2) because they are stiff, which makes it hard to modulate brake pressure and clutch slip. I actually wear them on the road sometimes, where a little less feel is no biggie.

They are very well-made. I got mine cheap because another bbs-er bought the L size and couldn't fit his hand in there.

4. davegsxrold929r

davegsxrold929r Well-Known Member

I have used these for 5 or so years with no issues. they hold up great in a crash and protect like to other. They do wear out like any glove after a lot of use. I also like the fact that I casn take them right out of the package and they feel great from the start.

5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I bought a set in '08 wore them for every track event I did during the next 3 years with only a couple of problems. As Tim says they're a bit small size-wise and at first they're very stiff. It took awhile to break 'em in, but after awhile they loosened up.

Because the gloves were so tight fitting (especially, for some reason the left hand), I ended up with a small tear in the left gauntlet from pulling so hard to get the gloves over my fingers. I have large hands to go with the rest of my large self and the 2XL gloves just fit.

Eventually the leather began to get brittle and I retired those gloves, opting for some less expensive ones from STG that were on special. I'd really like to be able to go back and bitch-slap myself for trying to save a few bucks on track gloves now. I'm almost certain the damage I took to my right hand in my crash at NSS last fall would have been minimized substantially had I just bought another set of Kobe's when the time came.

I now own a new set of Kobes.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Got some last season, no complaints.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I've been using Kobe's for 5 or so years. They do the job and I especially like the rivets in the palm of the glove. I've tested this feature a little too often without incident. They hold up reasonably well in crash, especially for a $100 glove.
    After head and back protection, hands are the next most important thing to protect. (The new Leatt neck brace may change my thinking on this, however..... :))

8. Freddy

Freddy Well-Known Member

They are bulky. I've had a pair for a couple years now. Crashed once in 'em. Held up pretty good. I think they have good protection.

9. 12

12 Well-Known Member

2 crashes - one at 130+ sliding on pavement - no hand damage. Riverts saved my hand. I still use that pair for flat track racing. Bought another pair for roadracing - can't beat the value for the price. Only complaint is the metal loop that keeps the wrist velcro down doesn't line up with the strap so it gets twisted, but really doesn't affect how it works.

10. oconnor

oconnor Bad juju

Are the last two fingers (pinky/ring) stitched together?

11. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

No

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Mine wore out quickly. Based on all the other reviews I've read here over time I believe mine had poor leather.

13. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

I used them all last season and crashed 3 times with no problems whatsoever. Not even a stray stitch. I'm selling them if anyone is interested.

14. FSLong

FSLong Active Member

We do not have the name recognition of some of our competitors, but that will be changing over the next few months, years. I have been put in charge of getting the Kobe name out among the racers of WERA. You will see me at different WERA races this year. I will be attending the Roebling Road event March 19-20.

Our products are made to be heavy duty due to the nature of motorcyle racing. Check out our new Kobe website at www.kobeusa.com and then give me a call to ask any questions that you may have. We want you satisfied with our products and our service.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at 706-654-5623 or [email protected]. I will help anyway I can.

Need to speak with me this week, if there is no answer at the above number, call 1-888-fastlap (1-888-327-8527) wednesday thru sunday of this week and ask to speak with Scott Long. I will be back at the 706# next week.
    Thank you.

15. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

A friend of mine lent me a pair that I went down in, I dont know if its because I didnt slide across the pavement on my hands or what but they held up great.

16. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

nice glove for the money. Mine lost the velcro wrist tab at the seam where it attached to the glove. Other than that they hold up well

17. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Ive had a pair since mid last year. I like the fit & feel. I had one crash in them w/ a 20' or so slide on the palm and they held up well. My only complaint, as others have said , is the velcro strap is kinda chintzy. Fortunately for me the fit is good enough that the strap isnt really doing much any way. For the money its a great glove.