1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kobe leathers size 56?

Discussion in 'General' started by (diet)DrThunder, Mar 28, 2009.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Does anyone out there have a set of these leathers in that size? If so, how describe your build, and let me know how they fit.

Thanks!

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Dave, I've wear 52's.

I'm about 6' and 245lbs. I wear a back protector and a chest protector with it. The torso fits very well, snug and comfortable. The legs are the right lenght, though I'm one of those people that can only wear a certain type of boot to fit because of my big ass calf's, yet the pants leg is still too big for me. The sleeves are the same way. I've got puny arms though, so it might be just me. It's not too loose per say, but more than I'd like it to be. Once I get on the bike, it seems allot better and I've never noticed any issues. It's just not skin tight like my Teknic was. The length of the arm sleeves is about 3 inches to long for me, but once again this is normal for me with every suit it seems.

The rest is usual Kobe style, the suit is heavy but feels very safe. The leather seems thick and it does take a little while to break it in but once you're out there, you hardly notice anything.

The zippers are a little hard to live with but they're heavy duty type so they'll probably outlast the suit. A little candle wax goes a long way.

Almost forgot the most important thing. IMHO, the suit size runs big. I used to wear 54 Teknic's and all other suits that fit me right are 54's. But the 54's Kobe's X-Pro's I was floating in. That's why I decided on the 52 size.

Anyways, hope that helps.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  3. (diet)DrThunder

That's good info...I need "runs big" :) I'll give them a call. This might be the only suit on Earth that comes close for me off the rack at 6'3" 285.

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I'm pretty close to that myself.

5. kosta

kosta Well-Known Member

yeah, you are only "2" off!

6. OZZY

OZZY I DO WORK.....

i had a Kobe size 56 suit for about a year, actually just recently sold it. i got the size according to the Kobe size chart, and lets jsut say it was absolutely huge on me. i am 6'2" 255 pounds with the build of a football tightend. the sleeves were too long, the legs were too long, and the mid section was huuuuge! i had to have it altered for a lil better fit. overall, the size 56 will prolly work with someone 6'4"-6"6" 300 pounds easy!!!! other than that, the quality of the suit was very good!! i should have went with the size 52....

7. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

I bought one of their Dragon suits last summer. When I asked them for sizing advice the salesman told me "just use the chart on the website". According to the chart I needed a 50. I am 5'8" 205lbs, powerlifter build. The upper half of the suit fit like a glove, it was perfect. However the lower half was ridiculous, it was literally 12" too long. My wife was laughing so hard she nearly passed out.:crackup:
    When I received the suit it was really dirty, they said "we are on an mx park, things get dirty". Pretty lame customer service, the salesman ignored my complaints about the fit, so instead of trying to swap to a smaller size I just asked for my money back. When I talked to the manager she was really cool and paypal'ed my money back within minutes.
    The suit looked sturdy it probably weighed double that of my Berik Titanium although it was way longer. The knee pucks were garbage, the velcro was peeling away from the plastic slider.
    So after that experience, I will not buy Kobe gear again.
    Good luck!:beer:

8. Trinity Rx7

Trinity Rx7 Well-Known Member

I have a Kobe 52 suit and I am 6'4 265 with the football tightend build. Its fits me just about prefect.

9. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

i had a size 50 and i woz 6 foot and 285 it woznt all beer belly and double chins (for the most part) and all i can say is if i woz 3 inches taller they would have been perfect :up:

10. (diet)DrThunder

Thanks guys!

11. hintonrsvr

hintonrsvr Well-Known Member

Hey Dave, Komodo has some pretty large suits that they are doing closeouts on. I do not remember the sizes but they were above 50. They have also been at some of the races recently so that you can try them on.

12. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I have a Kobe carbonstar suit. Size 50. I am 6'4" about 235-240. Fits me great. I would like the torso to be a little looser, but that is on me to lose 10 Lbs. otherwise I love the fit.

13. (diet)DrThunder

I appreciate it, but I've tried on the biggest suit they list, and it wasn't close...very nice suit though. Also, the idea is that I just want a backup suit for short money (the Kobe's are under $400).

Thanks for the info though, I appreciate it!

14. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

They seem to hold up well in a crash, leatherwise. The stitching in both my Carbon Stars had slight tears from a 60 and 100 mph slides on pavement and grass. They are heavy suits, especially after 4 and 8 years of sweating in them. The liner is not removable so wear something sweet smelling.

Attached Files:

15. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

This was a size 52 on 6'3" 215. A little big.