1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kobe glove sizing question....

Discussion in 'Tech' started by grendels_arm, Apr 7, 2008.

1. grendels_arm

grendels_arm Sam Green Eggs and Ham

I'm sure this has been posted before but can anyone give me some guidelines on sizing for the Kobe Pro gloves? I just don't want to have to pay for shipping back and forth if I order the wrong size. Please don't say "they fit large" or something like that as it doesn't help.

In my crap Alpinestars GPtech gloves (which I'm replacing) the fingers have just a little extra space in the ends of the fingers but are tough to get my hands in because of the width of my hands. These are in mediums.

Hoping that helps. Or if someone can tell their hand width if they wear the mediums and I can make a guess as to medium or large based on that. Thanks.

2. twinRelics

twinRelics Well-Known Member

I had some teknic gloves in XL that I wore out. I bought another Kobe suit and decided to get gloves too. Order XL kobe gloves, they were way to big so I replaced with L and they fit fine.

3. Kam

Kam Well-Known Member

I wear a large Kobe.
    I bought a medium and they ran really small, also one glove was tighter in the fingers than the other. Then I ordered a large and they weren’t that much bigger but work pretty well, the pinky however is a bit baggy on the larges. Overall they are a little bit inconsistent in their construction, but very nice gloves.

My hands are: 8.5 cm across the base of the fingers, and18.5 cm from base of palm to tip of middle finger.

4. grendels_arm

Are you my doppleganger? My hand size is exactly the same when I just measured them.

So comfort wise they're ok, not too baggy and all?

5. Kam

Kam Well-Known Member

Yeah they are a perfect fit except the pinky is loose... Maybe if the mediums, were both the size of the bigger one. However one was too small due to inconsistency in construction.
    Be aware the gloves will feel different than pretty much any other glove, The leather is thick but soft, there is padding over the whole top of the hand, and the knuckles are not hinged.
    Once I was on the track I never had a problem, but they do feel less sleek than other gloves.

6. grendels_arm

Main thing I don't want is them to be so bulky that I have problems operating the controls and they are just too uncomfortable.

7. Redrodent1

Redrodent1 Well-Known Member

They have more padding on the outside of the palm and pinky than most all other gloves, making then feel bulky. But hey, thats where lesser gloves will tear first. As stated before they match my large teknics in size, give or take an odd finger length or two.