1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Klipsch Horns

Discussion in 'Other' started by Jon Wilkens, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I have a good friend selling a nice set of Oak cabinet Klipsch Horns. $6000 for the pair. Message me and I will put you in touch, he lives near Panama City Beach, FL.

2. wonderinwhy

wonderinwhy Well-Known Member

hey john, if you have apair of Klipsch horns you must be as old as I am. had a business associate in high school that had a pair. best speaker ever made...… they had a lifetime guarantee back in the days. im sure those speakers have contributed to my tinnitus. I got the second best speakers ever made a pair of the Klipsch la scallas. was out training one day on a bicycle when a lady who was at the time about the age I am now, hit me with her car, broke my collarbone. the day after the settlement, I walked into the stereo store ( don't remember the name) , a younger kid asked if he could help me, I said you got any la scallas. he said you wana hear them ? I said no, but I'll take a pair. they were only 1700 back then, maybe around 88 or 89. after marriage the speakers and myself moved into the garage other than an occasional late night visit by the sheriff to ogle over the origins of the noise complaint, we are all living happily ever after...……...except for that constant ringing in my ears

tony 340 likes this.
  3. wonderinwhy

wonderinwhy Well-Known Member

btw the good friend selling them wouldn't happen to go by the name Geno ...would he ????

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  4. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

La Scallas are super nice too! Hooked up to a smooth tube amp and a turntable can transport you into another dimension.

My buddy Bill is in Niceville, FL.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Jon Wilkens likes this.