1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda related

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Coopster, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

To all my fellow former knee draggers:
    Thought ya'll might get a kick out of this.
    Although I've not got a knee down since July '93 (Uhm, yeah, been a little while...) I have been raging around in a GSXR1000 powered open wheel racecar. Class is known as Formula 1000. Stock engines are required, normal prep stuff. Weight w/ driver at end of race is 1000 lbs, so car is like 830lbs. The lap record at Rd Atl is a 1:21.4.
    Here's a few pics.
    Coop

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

There was a guy at NJMP with one of those. I spent some time checking it out. Looks like lots of fun, like a go-kart on serious steroids.

3. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Was a 1:21 run with the old turn 12 or the new bike turn 12? (fast either way)

4. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

That is a go-kart with an attitude! I bet the sound matches the look. Good stuff.

5. Coopster

Rd A config

We run the original course.

-Coop

6. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

I'd like to do that. Seriously, Send me some links on where to get started. :beer:

I bet the high sides are brutal though!!! LOL!!

7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

That looks pretty cool!

8. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Yeah it does!! Sign me up!

9. Coopster

Picking up the new '09 tomorrow

Getting a new chassis tomorrow. A RFR F1000. A much more modern chassis/aero/brakes/downforce. I wrapped up the F1000 National Championship at Road Atlanta a few weeks ago and these guys wanted me in their car pretty bad and went all Mafia on me - made me an offer I couldn't refuse. As for links, google or You Tube F1000, or rfrcars.us, or apexspeed and scroll to "FB" section.
    We do have a few ex motorcycle roadracers in addition to myself.

10. Oh shit...i wanna do that too :clap:

11. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

You want to do everything :D

12. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

MY buddy races a D sport Racer in SCCA, pretty much the same concept, little more engine modifications can be done but limited to 1000cc and its not an open wheel car.. but its badass!

13. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

All carbon bodywork

[​IMG]

GSXR 1000 engine, with some mods.. all electrics are MC related.. power commander, pingel electric shifter, AIM dash unit for gauges..
    [​IMG]

heres the cockpit... they were still making the seat so it was just chunks of seat foam, great stuff foam, and trashbags for a temp fix lol
    [​IMG]

My big ass didnt fit in it..
    [​IMG]

14. Coopster

Ha, smallish world

Yeah I know the guys that built that car, in Conyers, GA, but I have never met Corey the driver. I ran DSR in '05 and '06. Very cool cars!

15. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

how much different are those DSR cars (like corey's mallen-alley pp1) to your formula1000 car? besides bodywork and engine modifications?

16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I don't even wanna ask, but.... how much does a car like cost? What are the costs for a race weekend like?

17. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

:wow::Puke:

I knew it would be high, but I didn't think it would be that high! Oh well, still looks cool as hell.