1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids Phone?

Discussion in 'General' started by svracer22, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That takes some serious talent on the kids part :crackup:

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Was about to say the same thing in a less graceful manner...

3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Kids phones, @Venom51 will get you dialed in!

:D

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

Long distance rates are obscene, though

Montoya, dtalbott and BigBird like this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Get the update...

[​IMG]

dtalbott and BigBird like this.
  6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I dont have a child but i received my first phone in middle school and I only have one suggestion, pay as you go and its gotta be an iphone. it really helped me as a kid take on some fiscal responsibility and realize how much crap those other phone providers charge you. they usually make you pay up front for the phones and that provides the ability to get something older that has more memory (massive plus) and now that they stopped offering free upgrades what's the point in paying 1k for a phone that will be $250 in 6 months.

In terms of cases, id recommend Lifeproof, those things are legit af and they give you new ones for free when they get beat up.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

When I was in middle school, I received a dime in case I needed to use a pay phone

R Acree, rd49, Banditracer and 2 others like this.
  8. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

AND.... If your kid has posession, the cops will be looking for the legal guardian..ie mom and dad who may be charged also, since you technically own the phone

StaccatoFan and dtalbott like this.
  9. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

did you let it ring twice and hang up so you could get your dime back?

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Did your mom sew a tag with your name and address on it in your clothes in case you got lost in the snow both ways uphill on the way to school?

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Classic. That's how they knew the movie was out and Mom/Dad taxi could come get you.

dtalbott likes this.
  12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

When I was in High School , we had pay phones. You had to go find them and then put quarters in them to make them work !

dtalbott likes this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

2 questions.
    1. Where is the closest pay phone to you?
    2. How many on here have never used a pay phone?

418 and dtalbott like this.
  14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

My kids have both had phones for 2 years now.

Our theory was to get them introduced to them and we
    Monitor their usage with the MM Guardian App so we see everything. Works awesome!

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You forgot the use of plastic bread sacks on your feet inside your snow boots to keep your feet dry.

Oh yeah...you never met my Dad, so you wouldn't have that one.

Yes...I miss him...but JESUS did he drive me nuts with that shit. To his credit though, I did find photos of his brother standing on the snow in their yard in 1966 and he was touching the top of the telephone pole where the light was that lit their farm yard up at night. And a photo of his Mom (my grandma) standing in front of a wall of snow that was taller than a truck in their yard that same year...so he may have been speaking truth...but after the 20th time......STFU already...I heard ya Dad!

pickled egg and dtalbott like this.
  16. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

R Acree likes this.
  17. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

Check out the Gizmo phone watch. The kid can only call (and I think receive set numbers including text messages. Parents get to control it. Our 10 year old granddaughter has one and it has worked out great.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd damn kids don't know how hard we had it! You had boots? We didn't even have feet! We had to sell our feet and we nailed boards to our stumps to walk 5 miles, through the snow, up hill both ways to the crunch berries mines and Cap'n was a mother f@cker to work for!

cpettit likes this.
  19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I think I can speak for countless millions of happy breakfast eaters when I say that your suffering was an acceptable price to pay.

Funkm05 likes this.
  20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I’m about to buy a bunch of those for my nieces and nephews and tell them I got them all phones for Christmas. The look on their faces when they open them would be worth the cost alone.