1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KIDS LEATHER SUIT

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by shadyaj3, Apr 23, 2020.

1. shadyaj3

shadyaj3 Well-Known Member

Anyone have a kid's leather one piece or two piece race suit for sale, rent, loan or give away?
    Kid is around 4ft tall and about 50 lbs. Thx.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Your budget you had in mind and location would be helpful.

Nevermind the location. New Jersey I see.

Joining the MiniGp?

3. shadyaj3

That is the goal for my boy. As for now I am just looking for a suit for him to be able to practice in. Kid grows so fast that I'm not sure if he will be in the same suit by the time he gets to try minigp.
    Yes location is NJ and budget is nothing crazy as he might have it for 2 years or 6 months.
    Thx.

4. StaccatoFan

Trust me when I say I feel your pain. Kids don't stay in gear very long. Buy a bit large to hope to get two seasons out of anything.

My suggestion at this point is this suit. In a size S or XS. Kevin an Jill are great folks, very helpful.

https://gatorrimz.com/product/gatorskinz-junior-cordura-motorcycle-racing-leathers/

Got a bike for your son, yet? If not, may I recommend the CRF50. It's a little lower than the TTR50, and 15 pounds lighter than the TTR (most of that's battery for the electric start).

My other point would be to get him started in one of the MiniGP camps they hold at NJMP. Ryan and Nathan run a GREAT 3 days. They're great teachers, and the younger
    the kid, the more they love it.

It's like a Mini YCRS.

After the track time is done, we all run to the clubhouse and the kids get to splash around in the pool for a couple hours, adults as well. Then dinner, and rush back to the
    paddock area where they all run around on their bicycles, skateboards, razors and whatever else they can bring. Mine started that way at 7, and now if camp doesn't happen
    this year, I'm not sure how I'm going to break that bad news to him. I even did the camp once and had a GREAT time, too.

5. shadyaj3

Thanks for the info. Yes, gatorrimz is on my list. I've also been in touch with Darwin with Envy racing. Still trying for a cheaper route on used if possible. Last resort would be to buy new.
    As far as bikes, my boy is 5 yrs old and has a pw50. I tried him on a crf50 at first but it was slightly heavy for him and he had trouble reaching the brakes. Pw50 fits him great and he has great confidence on it which makes him ride well.
    Going to try to get him to the minigp camp but who knows when that will be with the way things are now. Gonna also get him to do some dirt at Etown and FOD. As long as he is having fun it is all good with me.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

And having fun for the kids is what it's all about.