1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kick stand sensor

Discussion in 'Other' started by Angel Frakov, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Angel Frakov

Angel Frakov Well-Known Member

hey, guys i need some info. Thanks in advance. I have cbr 600rr and installed new rearsets and in orther to do that i had to remove the kick stand. So my question is how to bypass the kick stand sensor so the bike does not shut off without it. Thanks

2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Usually on most bikes you just have to jump the connector to the kickstand switch. If you own a multimeter, you can check what is needed yourself. If the switch is needing to be closed/pressed when the kick stand is up, measure the resistance when it's closed. Then you can analyze that value to see if you can either jump with a wire or a resistor that matches the value. Every bike I've done, the wire worked, but I never guess at it as you can fry the ECU if it happens to need a resistor.

Angel Frakov likes this.
  3. Angel Frakov

I was thinking if i just cut the cables and connect them together if that do something. Other thing that i tried was to play with the sensor i can also leave it on position that works and secure it...

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Check the wiring diagram. As noted, most setups just require you to jump the wires together to close the loop.

I would NOT try to rig something up to keep the sensor switch "closed." You'd be amazed at what bike vibrations can loosen, and you really don't want that thing to just cut out on you.....

5. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I have only ever heard of people cutting the wires before the plug and jumping them together.

Check-out STG's video on it here:

These guys support the WERA forum and know their shit.

6. Angel Frakov

I will do it the same way as the video shows. Thank you for the info guys.