1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenny Roberts poster, curious about artist

Discussion in 'General' started by backbone, Oct 22, 2023.

1. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I've had this poster for hears and it was a friends Father's before he gave it to me. He was a Yamaha rep in the 70/80s. Anyway I hadn't looked at if closely for years. It seems to be a poster of a painting. I was wondering if there were any OLDer timers out there that may know something about the artist. TIA

50.jpg 50.1.jpg

2. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

3. backbone

Thanks for the info. Sure seems like that was him. I'd like to see a collection of his paintings.

4. motodog650

This is the only one I've found online:

upload_2023-10-22_19-13-33.png

Dan Gurney. Pretty cool!

backbone likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's a cool painting. The upper car is a Formula 1 car and the lower one is an IndyCar. Bobby Unser won the Indy 500 in 1975 with that car. I believe James Hunt raced the F1 car.

motodog650 likes this.
  6. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

F5000 I think not F1

7. motodog650

8. backbone

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I believe you're right. A good friend of mine won the 24 Hours of Daytona in Gurney's Toyota GTP car in 1993.

10. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Dismore has a lot of the original memorabilia in his basement bar.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I knew I recognized that name, used to see his stuff in Cycle World way back when magazines were a thing.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, loved his stuff in CW. I even gave out some motorcycle-related Christmas cards of his a while back.

Banditracer likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Back in the 90’s I worked with Rocky Moran and his wife, regarding a Point of Sale system at a retail store they had at the Mission Viejo Mall. Really nice guy, that later developed a kart track out in Beaumont, which was really nice. Only problem was land values went up much quicker than we all hoped, and he sold it off about 5 years later, turning it into commercial buildings.