1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

keep Rocco Horvath in your thoughts

Discussion in 'General' started by Gigantic, Jun 17, 2012.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Excellent write up on Rocco. It is so true to not believe what the doctors say. The first neurosurgeon said I was a complete injury and Asia A rating (worst there is). He told this to my wife and she said I don't believe you and you don't know my husband. I quickly progressed to an incomplete injury and Asia B rating (probably due to all the thoughts and prayers I have received).

Second neurosurgeon said I won't tell you you will never walk again but don't be too optimistic. Yea right, whatever. I pretty much ignored that.

I can now very slightly move a few muscles below my waist which would make me an Asia C rating. They put me on the MotoMed bike Monday. It cycles between motor driven and then patient pedal driven. I was able to push the pedals through about 3 very slow cycles. I wish I had one of these machines at home because I would be on the thing as much as I could tolerate.

Rocco, if you read this, keep doing what you are doing. At your age, healing is much faster than at my 47 years of age. Things will come back, we just don't know when that it will be.

2. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving Rocco!
    tim

3. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

Joe-between ur story and Rocco's-this absolutely made my week!!

Keep on keepin on dude!!

Pat

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Make no mistake Joe, we are still thinking of you every day.

5. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Way to go Rocco!!! Love your positive attitude.

7. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

:up:

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Anybody know how Rocco is progressing?

9. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

Rocco has made some great progress with the help of his training staff.

[​IMG]

You can follow the progress on Rocco's blog at :
    http://www.roccorecovery.com/blog/

BTW, Rocco was at Daytona this year helping out Dustin Apgar and DTR motorsports first entry into the 200.

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Don't know Rocco personally, but that blog is excellent. Very well written and inspirational.