1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or will you buy one?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedWerks Racing, May 9, 2023.

Tags:
?

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or would you buy one?

1. Hell Yes! It's gotta flippin Auto-Blipper.

2. No way, No interest, 600 money, too heavy, my wife's...

3. I'm looking and getting the next one I can.

4. I'm a "Feeler, Dibs kinda Guy" just show me the results, so I can live vicariously.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

This podcast (these goons) does a good job at explaining the popularity and attraction.
    You young one's, this will help you understand. For the old FZR heads (like me), it's just confirmation bias.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

That’s what I remember. So SBK rules for singles that are mass production bikes, even though the Kramer meets the single part of that rule…

3. yokohama1

And if anyone is interested in my poor man’s Kramer, I will be putting it up for sale. Guaranteed to get you to the first corner in the lead, up to you from there how long you can keep the little squirts behind you…

Razr and JBall like this.
  4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Not exactly. SB rules in DSS, Formula rules (for singles) in DSB. Kramer fits in exactly.

yokohama1 likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That would look awesome on a sales brochure.

6. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Since this looks like originally a product for the SE Asia market, there is a question no one has asked. How many bricks or wicker chairs can it carry?

Barry Savoie, 969 and fastfreddie like this.
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Aprilia is a tiny company that just made the best lightweight bike ever right in the middle of the COVID epidemic. Supply and demand is a bitch. The 1st year gremlins have been worked out. The bikes are damn good and parts supply is improving.

Barry Savoie, AJ, Gino230 and 2 others like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The 400 was too back in the day. There will always be some who like the smaller stuff.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, but the Kramer isn't a production street bike so it has to follow Formula rule. The Duke is so it can do SS and Superbike rules.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need to read the rulebook again :D

11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Back in the day the FZR400 was the tricker machine, it has an aluminum frame compared to the heavier steel setup of the FZR600, etc. IIRC it also cost the same, or more MSRP? Less horsepower but it was clearly the sharper machine back then.

FZR400 - 59hp at the brochure, curb weight of 410lbs, slightly sharper geometry, MSRP of $4400 in 1990
    FZR600 - 91hp at the brochure, curb weight of 440lbs to 460lbs depending on source, MSRP of ???? (damn if I can find it online) in 1990.

Now... it's tougher, the Kawi is getting many of the current tech bits, but it's also getting a porkier steel frame, while still costing similar.

12. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

I bet Yamaha made less $$$ on the 400. A couple years later, the hot 400 Hondas that we didn't get (RVF400, CBR400RR) cost more than an F3 we did get and people complained about the F3 price.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

The FZR400 was the R1's Mini-Me. I bet you could easily knock 30+ lbs off the showroom version for SS track use.

FWIW, I was able to knock 60-ish lbs off the '95 FZR1000G and I've yet to replace the steel subframe. I think I could get another 25 lbs off.
    So, 525-ish lbs minus 85+ = <440 lbs. Almost as light as a race ready TL1000R!

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

What’s a poor man’s Kramer?

15. yokohama1

KTM 690 Duke.

IL8APEX likes this.
  16. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Where is said KTM 690 listed?

17. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

an RC8C

18. yokohama1

Ha, nothing poor about that bike. I see guys getting those who want a more exclusive bike, or wings. Guessing Kramer is making more than KTM is of that bike. Aren’t they actually more expensive than the Kramer twin?

19. yokohama1

Patience grasshopper. Waiting until the suspension gets back before actually listing, but it will be up here soon. Realized I’ve got shit for pics but here is the idea IMG_5767.jpeg

20. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

What bike is this?