1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki issues stop sell on 2011 ZX-10

Discussion in 'General' started by Sweetpea, Dec 10, 2010.

1. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

it doesnt have to be a certain number of units, a recall is a recall if the vehicle or bike is on a showroom floor, in a crate or in the hands of its new owner, there are also service actions that can be a stop sale, not offically recall but really the same thing, just different wording, not every recall is mandated by the NHTSA some are voluntary that come from the companies themselves, if there is a problem there is a problem, its not going to be hidden. not to mention the consequences of keeping a recall hush hush would be much more severe than the embarrasement of doing it the way they are done

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, thanks for the info.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Thanks for the education. I guess 5+ years working at a shop taught me nothing.

4. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

5 isn't enough. 15 for me, still don't know it all (and won't). Chris is pretty damn close to the right answer though.

5. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

who is that in your avi?

to stay on topic, kawi's suck...

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Not claiming I know it all.

Ever call a manufacturer and say with got this and that issue and they say "we're aware of it and are working on it, but aren't 100% sure on the fix yet so no official bulletin/recall yet"? I have.

This isn't perfect world and it's not all black and white by the book shit.

7. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Ain't that the truth.

And here's were Kawi seems to be doing it better. If this situation is fact, at least they're recognizing whatever the problem is and fixing it before it gets out of hand.

Honda on the other hand needs some sort of secret handshake before they even acknowledge anything's wrong. I still know cats fighting over the oil issue, let alone the non-existent cam sensor problem.

8. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Sure have, it's frustrating.

9. Dangy

Dangy Well-Known Member

This!
    That being said coming to the important question.. OP's avatar rocks :D .. any full pics?

10. SUZUKI34

SUZUKI34 Well-Known Member

11. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Aprilia was replacing V4 engines not too long ago also....is Ducati the only liter-bike manufacturer without defects lately???

13. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

hahaha! I have 4 customers/street guys that had "good will" rebuilt engines from honda about oil...but of course no issue...:rolleyes: and the Cam sensor is awesome too..i have a portable snap on tool thing i carry to all our races and there happens to be 1 oem part in it....a CPS for the 08+1000RR...wonder why??? :crackup:

14. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

15. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

16. Brian Driver

Brian Driver Well-Known Member

Im with you shes hot! More pics please!

17. Where's Tim ?

Where's Tim ? Well-Known Member

Hey p-51 . If you can peel yourself off of the new ninja for a moment , can you give me a call ? :rock:

18. KneeScraper

KneeScraper I'm a new Dad!!!

I like the new Kawi. I'm betting that it will be damn close to all the hype that has preceded its introduction. I said damn close.............I'm taking a bit of leeway here........:D

19. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

Making up for sticking it in the butt of a lot of ZX6R owners whose motors grenaded a few years ago. :D

20. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member