1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki 250R race bodywork question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by tim61, Dec 4, 2010.

1. tim61

tim61 Member

We have started a 250 Ninja Cup series in our club (Washington Motorcycle Road Racing Association) for the 2011 season. Several of us got in on the season end sale on Hotbodies kits for the new generation 250R's. The quality is nothing like what we were hoping for. Large voids and air pockets, layers delaminating, factory applied primer bubbling and coming off, etc. A couple of us have already painted the glass, so we are stuck with what we have. But I am hoping you can help us out with reccomendations on decent quality glass so the remainder of the racers in our club can try to not repeat our Hotbodies mistake?

Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

TimO
    WMRRA #220

2. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

If you can takes pics of the problems, I would call Hotbodies and talk to the owner. He seems to be trying to rectify problems they are having in production. Sharkskinz, it is more money but comes out the same every time.

Peter

3. tim61

tim61 Member

I could probably take some pictures, although most of the problems are now covered with hours of effort and paint. I realize that the owner of Hotbodies may want to address some of the problems with their fiberglass, and that will help customers out down the road, but what I really need is feedback from others who have used other brands as to who has good body work for the 2-fiddy's. Others in our club are preparing bikes, and I am getting a lot of questions, as I am one of the first to finish my bike.

If the owner of Hotbodies wants to know what the issues with their products are, they simply need to open a box and look at the contents. It is by far the lowest quality fiberglass I have ever seen, and I have been playing with cars and bikes for 30+ years, so I think I have seen a reasonable amount of fiberglass to make that observation.

TimO

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Amourbodies have some of the best fit and finish out there. Second to only SS and I've seen both and installed several sets of HB and they are poop.

5. tim61

tim61 Member

Thanks for the tip. Damn, the Armour Bodies retails for only $250 more than I paid for the HotBodies. Wish I had known then what I know now. Oh well. I imagine I will be looking for new skin before too long. I haven't even been for ride on the bike with the HotBodies and the glass is already spidering like crazy. I can't imagine it holding up too well through the 2011 season.

TimO