1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kansas City to ATL?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Bought a bike from Copart in Kansas City. Now got to figure out how to have it delivered to Atlanta. Anyone happen to be going this way?

2. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

I live in KC but not coming south anytime soon. What kind of bike ?
    Would be more than willing to store it my garage till you get delivery arrangements made

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

It's a 08 Concourse that has some damage and no key to start it. Would be a PITA to load on a truck. If I don't find a reasonable transport I may have to find a place to keep it. But picking it up wouldn't be much fun. And I will have to figure out a way to make it worth your while.

4. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

I do have a trailer with a ramp door I could push it in
    Copart is about 15 min from my house. Let me know if I can help

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Thanks man, let me see how things go with transport. I will ping you early next week.

6. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

I’ll make this real simple for you:

1) One time I was loading my bike in the bed of a truck, and realized I forgot to put something under the ramp to reduce the angle. I was about to roll it down to start over again, but Haze picked up the back of the ramp and basically had it level with the truck. He reads your concern, and thinks “challenge accepted”

2) A 30 pack of the shittiest beer you can find will settle your debt and then some

KneeDragger_c69, AC1108 and Spooner like this.
  7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Alex, you better not be ignoring your Zuma. Zumas need love too.

sanee and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  8. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

10000% accurate.

AC1108 likes this.
  9. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Damn Rich, that must of been 20 years ago and if I remember right you were standing on the ramp also

10. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

I was standing on the ramp along with my F4, and I believe it was 2004 after the sprint races at Hallett. You are one tough old man

11. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

You wont have to drag me, just the bike. I am trying to organize shipping but if it falls through I will have to ask for a storage favor.

12. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Hey Rick, zoom-zoom did some miles this month. Perfect beer getter.

YamahaRick likes this.
  13. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, I just looked and learned that a Concours weighs about the same as myself and an F4 combined.

I expect to see my homie Haze bench press that thing while shotgunning a beer, or I’ll know he’s gotten weak in his old age.

Spooner will provide the video services.

14. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

C14 is surprisingly good once you start rolling, but at a stand still it's barge. Would of been a perfect bike for that bagger race.

Razr likes this.
  15. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Not a problem, just let me know
    I'll PM you my phone number

Alex_V likes this.
  16. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

This time a year with racing season over, not many people driving around with trailers, but you can always try U-ship. When I lived in Lincoln, NE I bought a bike from Atlanta and it was $375 with Uship. I just had another bike delivered damn near as far as it could go in the US, from near Laguna Seca to Virginia Beach area for $650 with Uship.

17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Watch out for UShip fees.

I accepted a bid for $700 on an open transport, and ended up being $810, where I could've spent $850 on an enclosed w/o any extra fees.

Another issue w/ Copart is you have 3 days and you'll start getting charged storage fees, so sometimes you have to accept the worse bid because they have a guy in the area.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Motoshippers.com

19. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Thanks, looks like I have lined up the transport.