1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wanted to say thanks to WERA and Nelson Ledges staff.

Discussion in 'General' started by Trainwreck, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Def am not taking that the wrong way.

TBF to myself I don't crash often. I had 3 total crashes this year and 2 of them were at a track I had never been to and in the same day. I think I did something like 18 days at the track.. This is my second year ever on a bike. (other than the street riding i did from 2007-2009)

I think there is a lot wrong with my riding style, and I've been trying to figure out front chatter issues on my bike for the last half of the year. Farrell helped me a bit at ACC, and when I switched from Bridgestone to Pirelli I felt a lot better with the front end. But the little amount of time I have between brake and throttle input the front tire feels like it's bouncing around and I lose confidence. I don't have anyone really work on my bike at all. I just had help ripping the broken stuff of of it after the crash. my plans for 2021 are having Thermosman go through my suspension with me. (need to call him) do a valve adjustment on the engine. I need to take a day and play around with the pegs and clip on bars some more too.

I do plan on trying to work with a coach next year like doing one of Farrell's days, or something like that.

I'm in my mid 30's. I'm not going pro, I'm just having fun. This has been much cheaper than racing cars, and the people are cooler.

I don't know what times I should have been running for my first time there. I was running with podium guys in all of my races, aside from making a mistake in the CSS race that dropped me back, and my crash in the BSS race.

I met my pit neighbors at Grattan this year actually and we had a lot in common outside of racing (similar career) so we hit it off rather well. Have been pitting near each other ever since.

I appreciate the advice and words of wisdom. :)

2. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.

That chatter can come from bike set up, tire pressure, riding style, or a combination of all three. Find someone with knowledge on that bike and pick their brain. There is a lot of helpful people in the paddock. Also, things that work now won't as you get faster. Riding a bike is an ever evolving endeavor and there are many things to be constantly working on.

Not sure if you are into mini bikes, but that is a huge help for body positioning and some good old fashion fun.