1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got back from Donington: Photos

Discussion in 'General' started by LAR, Jul 29, 2004.

1. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Just got back from Round 9 Donington MotoGP event. Thought I'd share some photos for those who are interested. It was waaaaaay cool to go and see the MotoGP in person...it's in NO way what it's like on TV.

Laura's Donington MotoGP Photos

Enjoy!

2. thegoshow2002

thegoshow2002 lovely jubbly

Lucky S.O.B :beer:

3. 3wfab

3wfab Mr. Tsongas to you..

sweet :up:

4. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

You are correct in that it is much different in person (much better) and it is actually a little overwhelming. I see you scored paddock/track passes also. The behind the scenes was just as awesome as the 1000s of people, bikes and parties on the hillside.

5. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i was wondering how you got int he paddock, how much more was that?

6. Liar Liar

Liar Liar what did you say?

I bet it was something like 25-30 pounds UK (USA x 1.6) and normally you can't buy them beforehand. It's a first come first serve type thing. When I went to Silverstone, it was 25 just for the paddock then another 15 for the pit walk and they only sold so many. So, as soon as you get there you better be on top of it.
    That was on top of the normal 35 per person.

7. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Very cool.

8. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Actually, I didn't buy the paddock passes...I had a media pass, so it worked out really well. That's how I got to take the photos of the interviews afterwards. I also got to interview Colin while I was there, as well, so that was a lot of fun.

The paddock was definitely overwhelming, to say the least. I couldn't believe the $$$ that was back there, and the hospitality "tents" as they call them, were unbelievable! It was so weird to be sitting in the Telefonica Movistar hospitality suite and just have Sete Gibernau walking around...it was almost like being in the twilight zone...but VERY cool indeed. :)

9. SBK

SBK Misanthropic Anthropoid

Thanks for sharing the photos, Laura. Looks like an awesome experience.

:clap:

10. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

48 pounds (USA $ = UK x 1.9 :eek: ) for general admission for 3 days. I think a single day ticket was around 30 pounds. There was a "paddock walk" available on Fri, don't know what it cost or what you got to see. If you wanted to pay for paddock access, you had to buy the "VIP package" which included the three day ticket, better parking, and was 150 pounds.

- Roach

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Very cool pic and thanks for sharing...but I have to go with the bite me as I'm soooooooo envious. :D

David

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Can't believe no one has asked yet, so..........

Did you bring back T-shirts for everybody?

:D :Poke: :beer:

13. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Thanks for sharing those - very cool, alot of great shots in there. It looks kinda cold though !!! I'm going back to England myself August 9th - I better bring a coat !!!

14. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Very cool pics Laura!!!:beer:

15. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

It was soooooooo friggin' cold. Weather said it was going to be nice before we left, so I packed rather inappropriately...it sucked! Definitely bring warm clothes.

D, We did buy everyone a t-shirt, but British Airways seemed to have lost that piece of luggage. :D

16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

It's the thought that counts.

Thank You.

Damn British Airways....... :mad:

17. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

;)

Guess we'll just have to go back again...darn! :D

18. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

That is so awesome!

How do you go about getting tickets?

19. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Did the 125's seem as nuts as it seems on TV? I keep hearing that the GP's are much faster in person than you can imagine from TV. What's your take?

20. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Fred, there is a link on the Donington Park site, and we just called and got tickets and they had them at Will Call. Very easy.

Joe, the 125s were MUCH more insane in person. Holy shit! I can't believe how close those guys race...and there's just something about a 125 that can pull a wheelie out of a corner that just isn't right! LOL :D

It was unreal!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004