1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just found a stolen GSXR750, anyone know the possible owner?

Discussion in 'General' started by GrayGhost, Oct 28, 2015.

1. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Bazzaz traction control, CTR suspension stickers, MotoR engine covers, gotta be someone in the community. Bike was listed for sale but when title questions came up the seller got shady and quit responding but before that , got a photo of the VIN. Local police state its coming back as in NICB.

Attached Files:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Do you/ the cops have the bike or does the shady seller still have it?

3. GrayGhost

The police have been alerted to the address its at , but did not seem all that interested in pursuing it .

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Dave, round up the squadron.

5. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Are you a member of "Trackday Junkies" or "GSXR 600/750 parts for sale" on facebook? If so, post it up on there. Just a couple of months ago I remember someone posting about how their entire trailer with theirs and two friends bikes were stolen from the hotel near the track. Can't remember the details but worth posting if you're on there. Pretty sure one of the bikes may have been a 750.

Edited to add: What sucks even more about that situation was it was the first time going to the track for one or two of the guys as well. I hate thieves:mad:

6. GrayGhost

I'm not, is there any way you could pass along the info?

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Call the local PD back (on a non emergency #) and ask for a detective.

Get the detectives name up front. If he's not interested , tell you want to talk to his boss.

They probably won't give a shit if its an issue with someone dodging the bank.

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

The chain on that mofo is rusty.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I don't know where you're at right now or what you're doing but, if you're stalking the dude out, please be safe. Don't want to read about you in the FTP thread. Lol.

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That photo you have would be enough for the owner to recognize it, especially with the purple rear sets.

11. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

That's standard woodcraft/cfm aging purple. :D

12. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Moto R stuff was badass.

13. GrayGhost

No. That's their job, I'm not doing it for free just because they are lazy. I've done my part in letting them and more importantly our community of racers know in case in was someone with no insurance looking for their bike. I'll save my feelings on the police for another thread, another day.

14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Any other pics? I can post it up on FB groups

15. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

16. GrayGhost

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

has anyone googled the vin to see if it's been discussed on any other forums?

edit- just googled it, surprisingly nothing

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  18. GrayGhost

Not sure what to think, local pd says stolen. Seller claimed to have a clean title then got shady as soon as we asked for it then immediately stopped returning calls or texts. They also knew zero about anything on the bike (bazzaz tc, rcs master cylinder with remote adjuster, etc).

19. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

How much $ for just the Bazzaz?

:D

20. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

That poor chain