1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a bit of an over-reaction?

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

From the story:

"The open reservoirs hold water that has already been treated and goes directly into mains for distribution to customers."

"The reservoir is one of five that the city is in the process of replacing with underground storage to comply with federal regulations."

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yes you do. There is just not video evidence of it like in this case. If you think the water was pristine before the pee event then you have your head buried in the sand.

That being said, Papa is right that if the video came out there would be all sorts of people panty bunched over the "pee in the water" incident and it was easier to flush the water than deal with outraged morons. One thing that is guaranteed is that politicians will always take easy before right.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Just watched that Boondocks episode this morning :D

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

"And if R Kelly go to jail, i'mma piss on yo' cat!"

Can't wait for the new season of that this Monday!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know I missed a bunch of season 2 so I'm rewatching Season 1 then I'll move on to it while I'm recording this new one. :D

6. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Well, considering all i ever could find to drink in P-town (yeah, that's its name...go figure) is PBR, Im surprised they even thought about dumping it. On the other hand, dumping it is like slapping drought ridden California in the face, so dump away!

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

8. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Thanks Sprinky - Not sure how they managed to get away with that one. Open reservoirs have been verboten for quite some time, like decades.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Want some fun?
    Take a glass of water and be seen pouring it into the reservoir. When questioned, state the facts..."it was just water"....The doubters will all go bonkers trying to figure out what you "really" did...Of course they can sample all they want as there is nothing to find, but, just to be safe they will need to drain the reservoir again!

Make sure you're videotaped dipping the water out of the same reservoir...just before you pour it back in.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

i was stopped by dnr for throwing rocks into the reservoir that i was picking up from the shore line. a good friend was later fined for it.

11. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

I hear you - it looks like it's been in use since the early 1900's - nothing like being grandfathered in....

12. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

There is a finite amount of water on the planet. So its all had piss, shit and everything else in it at one time.

13. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

They did buy the covers, then fought with the Feds for about 8 years about whether they needed to cover them. There's an exemption in the law for natural sources

Of course, being Portland, they spent $700,000 for cover material and sold it on Ebay for about $6k

For your nonlocals, Portland has a gravity feed system that comes from a reservoir in a forest up towards Mt. Hood. They've had open reservoirs for over a century. Not uncommon to see ducks or geese swimming on them, everyone knows they never poop.

So, now they're spending a kajillion dollars to build some underground reservoirs (no bid contracts, it was an emergency!)

Portland has one of the highest residential water costs in the country from all this foolishness.

People are suing the City over the Water Bureau spending and it's up for a vote to take control from the City to a citizens board next month

to the poster that could only find PBR, you sure you were in Portland? There's 53 breweries here

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Portlandia!!