1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Julian Assange arrested in London

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dave Wolfe, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Sweet. Then line up Clinton, Comey, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Steele, Glenn Simpson and everyone else involved in Spygate. If he's gonna face the pointy end of a NATO round as punishment for being a leaker, these scumbags deserve to stand with him.
    Load the magazines.

2. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

One does not necessarily need to have a particular country tied to them to be considered a spy . How about we call him a terrorist? Does that fit better? He and/or his cohorts infiltrated and leaked national security information, thus jeopardizing our operations as well as security.

3. peakpowersports

I'm not going to argue that.. Although I'd rather see those guys rot in a cell - that would be more fitting for them. Assange I fell is owed a quick and speedy punishment and end. Shades of gray.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

How about quoting exactly what he can be charged with (under US law) instead of speculating. That’s what I want to know.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Only people terrorized by his actions are the state actors caught riding dirty.

Maybe he jaywalked on his way to the embassy. Can we make that stick?

kangasj likes this.
  6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll drum up those rape charges again

8. peakpowersports

Espionage Act. We've charged foreigners on it in the past, even those not operating on our soil. Does not mean it will stick, but it's been done.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I would be interested in who brokered the deal to have him snatched. The fact that Ecuador didn't kick him out but turned him in speaks volumes.

jrsamples likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not really. Nearly seven years of his pasty ass skulking around, antagonizing the world powers, with Ecuador under constant scrutiny for harboring him, I can see exactly why they'd be fed up with his presence and kick his ass to the wolves.

It's been rumored for over a year they've grown tired of his antics.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The ambassador's wife was sick to death of him sneaking smokes
    on the terrace and leaving the seat up all the time.

MachineR1, joec and jrsamples like this.
  12. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Or, they got tired of asking for the rent check.

13. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

He had to know it was coming hell Mueller had a sealed indictment against since Nov and let it slip in a court filing

14. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Yes, and that includes folks from the DOJ and FBI....and throw Clinton in there too since she didn't seem to give a shit about storing classified info on her unsecured server. If they don't go down then Assange should walk.

MachineR1 likes this.
  16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LOL...just got to your comment...Um, yes!

17. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

To me nobody has shown any damage he’s done other then expose governments breaking the law. So if it’s against the law to expose a government breaking the law. What are supposed to do wait for the governments to tell on themselves?

SpeedyE, kangasj, GRH and 1 other person like this.
  18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Fox guarding the hen house.

This is precisely where I'm conflicted. Exposing corrupt government is one thing, exposing national security secrets is another.

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

He did they a favor by exposing their weak back door?

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

He could have done that without going public.