1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JU what AMA region are you running for?

Discussion in 'General' started by Eric_77, Jan 24, 2001.

1. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

I would reup with AMA if I knew I could vote for you. Policy as is I don't agree with. What I think is strange is that a incumbent can run on a policy of reform. [​IMG] [​IMG] They are ones that did this now saying well I didn't really like what I did so I promise I will be different yeah right. It is time to clean house

2. TX racer

TX racer Well-Known Member

He should run for Barrick's job [​IMG]

3. racer63

racer63 Well-Known Member

Nobody in their right mind would want Barrick's job!!!

4. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

That's why he would be perfect for it!!!! [​IMG]

5. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Southwest.

I wouldn't want Barrick's job. He doesn't have any steam.

To get stuff done, you gotta have steam.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You absolutely, positively, should do so - like I said on some other post - it's a hell of a lot better to work for change from the inside than bitch about it from the outside

DOH! That sounds bad so I'll expand upon it a bit - that is not directed at your reporting stuff in the mag - that is a different thing all together, my comments about the bitching are directed at absolutley no one in particular but everyone in general...I feel the same way about politics FWIW - which is why you'll hear me make fun of politicians but never say that I could do it better, if I truly felt I could, I'd run for office.

[This message has been edited by Mongo (edited 01-24-2001).]

7. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

That statement alone qualifies you for office. Career politicians will never admit they're not good enough to run for office.

8. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

I wouldn't want JU in office at AMA. Then what would he write about? Do you think I would want to sacrifice my reading entertainment in leu of a functional, less beaurecratic, and racer- friendly AMA?

9. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ceasar!

10. racer63

racer63 Well-Known Member

Amen! I'd love to see more active racers involved with the AMA in decision making positions. I do what I can to make my little piece of turf in pit lane a better place, but that's not going to make any long-lasting impression. Real change has to come from the top.