1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JRE: Howard Bloom

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, May 22, 2018.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I know someone else here listens to Joe Rogan's podcast... But, have you listened to the Howard Bloom episode yet?

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

For the uninitiated, Howard Bloom was the publicist for some pretty great rock n' roll acts (Prince, Billy Joel, Styx and others)... But did you know he's also the biggest, most narcissistic, self-aggrandizing, bullshitter on the planet? Here's a short list of his deeds (at least what I can remember before I had to turn it off):

- read 2 books a day from the time he was 10 until now (he's older than you and me put together)
    - was confined to a bed for 15 years, but is up mobile and completely normal now, thanks to a cocktail of drugs
    - does 400-700 pushups a day
    - walks 2 1/2 miles every day
    - sleeps in shifts 4-8 and 11-3 every day
    - invented the "Big Bagel" theory (alternate of the Big Bang), which predicted the presence of dark matter 38 years before it was discovered.
    - was on his way to Moscow to give a speech to scientists about why everything they knew about quantum physics was wrong when he was suddenly stricken with chronic fatigue syndrome, leading to his confinement for 15 years
    - his life story is being made into a movie by three Grammy winners.

There were more, but I couldn't keep going.

He IS the most interesting man in the world... Seriously, just ask him.

I'm sorry, there's probably some truth to this stuff, but damn, I couldn't take it... I don't think I've ever heard someone talk about themselves in that way for that long...

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. Lawn Dart

Oh, I forgot - his chronic fatigue was so bad, he couldn't have his wife in the room with him for 5 years... So, she built a new room onto their house and stayed in there for 5 years instead. :crackup:

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Never heard of the guy, so I planned to skip it. Now I'm definitely in.

Few things are more entertaining than narcissistic hollywood twats. It's like he was Kanye before Kanye was Kanye.

4. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I've listened to about half of it. There couldn't be a more accurate description, he is everything you described :crackup:

5. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I haven’t had the chance yet, but I’m excited to listen to the Tim Kennedy episode.

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Just finished the BJM interview, I'll give it a listen next.

7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Tim Kennedy is a fucking sociopath and also a narcissistic dickwad. i'll peruse rogan every now and again, i had to shut this one off at: "armed forces recruitment is down because children are more obese these days... it has nothing to do with the sentiment and public opinion about our country's perpetual state of wars for oil that we shouldn't be in... just ignore that part." not to mention casually talking about how he'd like to kill every other person at any opportunity possible.

its a mixed back... he had Taibbi on recently who's the man, and Abby Martin who is goth hot AND i gets down with her reporting... then goes and has sniveling weiner man-boy resident pile of shit Ben Shapiro on... fuck off.

8. Lawn Dart

Could you imagine sitting on a flight next to that guy? Like, say LA to NY? I'd want to end him or myself, and not sure which was the better option..

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Ever meet him?

10. Listened to it yesterday, was interesting wether you agree with Kennedy’s beliefs or not.

11. I haven’t but I’d like to, seems like an interesting guy.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I listened to him talk about Michael Jackson. That was enough for me. :D

13. 418

418 Expert #59

The comments for that podcast on YouTube are priceless.

I like Rogan but having jackoffs like that guy on his show hurts his credibility.

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I asked because I think it’s silly to summarily condemn someone’s personality if you only know their public persona and have never met them in person.

Tim is not a friend by any measure but I’ve spent some time with him, and he’s a really cool guy. @Sweatypants isnt entirely wrong. He’s a narcissistic sociopath in some way, because it’s a requirement of his career, but he’s also incredibly intelligent and believe it or not, humble.

He’s also the most intense person I’ve ever met. I get how that can rub people the wrong way.

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

He had Tom Delonge on for Christ sake. He just gives people a platform. They can use it to promote themselves or show their ass. If this case, and delonge’s, it’s been the latter.

16. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I listen to JRE almost everyday. I listened for 30min of this and couldn't take it anymore. Dude's a space cadet.

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Shit I forgot about that. That was a disaster too.lol

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I don't disagree as i'd also say all those traits are necessary to do that job. It creates a weird person back in civilian life though, and while of course not a given, has potential to snap in the wrong direction if life got super rough. When you're surrounded by killing and having to be suspicious and paranoid of people and your surroundings, it has to change you. Skeptical about humility haha, but whatev...

I was more grossed out about his assessment than him. I just think its flat wrong, but he sounds just like a recruiter in a field where he chose a lifelong career. I expect it.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He’s correct. The amount of kids that fail to meet the body mass standards is at an all time high.

20. JRE puts all kinds of people on there regardless of if they agree with him or not. He does have a lot more people who he knows that share the same or similar views as him but he also doesn’t jump on a lot of their bandwagons when they get a bit out there. I think he did a good job with Kennedy who is very intense but that’s what I want for someone in a job like he has/ had. I don’t want someone to sit and discuss why the world isn’t all glorious all the time.