1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jon/ Fishing boats... Teach me.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

BOAT is an acronym for

Bust
    Out
    Another
    Thousand

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

How many amps does a trolling motor draw normally?

3. assjuice cyrus

You see my boat?

Bust
    out
    another
    ten!!

4. Dan Dubeau

Ha ha, that's cute. So naive.....lol

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What thrust? Issat a 45 or 55?

45 - 42 amp draw
    55 - 50 amp draw

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  6. assjuice cyrus

one is a 25 thrust I think and the other one is a 45 thrust.

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

30 lb is a 30 amp draw.

8. Spent all your money on tires so no data plan? :). You don’t need to go overboard, but bass fishing is f ing addictive. They are sneaky bastards. The Classic was on my lake this year and what was funny is the day after the classic I caught enough weight in 3 hours to beat the highest weight on the final day by 2 lb 2oz. And I pretty much suck at fishing but I try hard, I need the participant trophy. Just one of those things the weather, moon phase, barometer, etc could be textbook perfect (opinions vary on a lot of those factors) and you catch nothing, next day you throw out an odd color like purple plastic in the middle of the day and pull in a 6lb’er.
    I work a pretty high stress corporate job and work crazy global hours, fishing, building stuff and shooting are what keep me sane. When I am really stressed I go shooting if I can just because it requires 100% focus and gives you a little timeout from the stress that in reality, you shouldn’t be that stressed about. Fishing with my son is one of the great joys in life, it’s hard to beat it. Dirt biking is fun but fishing is some good conversation time and hopefully opens up the doors to a good open relationship with your kid in the future. Good on ya for doing this with your kiddo in mind. Too bad more parents, outstide of the bbs because we are all superstars, don’t do the same with some sort of activity.

Funkm05 likes this.
  9. assjuice cyrus

Thanks.

Trying to get a close guess how long my battery will last so I'm not stuck rowing back in. I'm gonna be patient and see if I can snag a small outboard motor for a smoking deal to have so I'm not stranded and have to use the paddles..LOL!

10. Bass University on the face tubes is a decent place for info as well. I try to stay away from any website that sells stuff directly like tackle warehouse. That’s a good place to buy stuff but the videos are just convincing you to buy stuff. I am assuming that is why drug dealers give the first hit away for free as this worked on me for tackle. I did get lucky recently sitting on a plane next to a VP at strike king, showed him a few pics and there was a lot of SK stuff I was using. He sent me a good $500 worth of stuff and I am now on the “new model” distribution so get all their new stuff too as long as I give feedback, which is literally just a 2 sentence direct email to the VP.

Funkm05 and BHP41 like this.
  11. assjuice cyrus

Thanks. I'm just trying to enjoy him while I can. When its all said and done we will all be nothing more then just a memory. I want him to have good memories of his childhood with his old man. LOL. I'm hard on the kid, but he an damn good kid and works and deserves everything he gets. So if he wants to go fishing with dad, well damit we are going to go fishing. I like learning knew things and I am excited to find out theres so much I gotta learn so I can teach him. Then hopefully one day he tells his kid about how there grandpa taught him all this fishing stuff!

Funkm05 and BHP41 like this.
  12. Ya, manual labor would suck! Some may flame me for this but I have had good luck with the Walmart deep cycle batteries. One of the large 850,s with I think 120 rating is only 100. I always keep one battery that is connected in the circuit but has a separate shut off. My oh shit just in case one.

Funkm05 likes this.
  13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Yea! BassU is great. Agree on places like like taklewarehouse type places. The thing I like about that place is it allows wish lists. I have them all separated and when I go to the local tackle shop near the lake, I look through them to see what I wanted. Lol. Sometimes they have good deals but yea, you shouldn’t be taking advice places that sell the stuff. lol.

You said your local lake, you fish Hartwell a lot?

14. Just got off of it.

15. BHP41

How was it today? I’m usually down towards the dam and up Tugaloo. Every now and then I’ll make a run to Coneross but I don’t go much further than that.

16. Good. We covered a lot of water. Find the ledges. Drop shot, spy bait and a couple top water but was hard to get them to come up until wind picked up a bit then it was time to head in. We put in at Jenkins ferry but at 80mph you cover a lot of water.

17. BHP41

Nice. Last I was out it looked like they were starting to school back up again. I’m throwing pretty much the same thing. The lake is at full pool still, I wish they would pull it down 5 or 6 feet.

18. assjuice cyrus

Damit, what did i get myself into. Now im looking to see if there is a cabelas or bass pro shop on are way to pirc this weekend. :crackup:

I havent even made out of the water yet.

Im looking online for a smokimg deal for a boat motor. Even just 3.5 hp or something small. Some of the guys i know have me scared i need one. I like the little engines with the tanks on the motor so i dont have to have a tank sittomg in the boat. But there pricey. Seems im goona have as much in the motor as the boat.

19. Dan Dubeau

I've got an older little 4.5 evinrude with a built in tank. Runs for a Loooooong time on a tank, and is an awesome little motor. Very light for packing into places, and pushes a 12-14 tinner no problem. Perfect for trolling. Not sure what your local market is like but they come up for sale around here quite a bit, but never last long. Around 3 hundred bucks is usually the going rate.

Honda make a nice little 4hp 4 stroke (my buddy has one). Not as light as my old 2 stroke but just as convenient and maybe a bit quieter. It's got a built in tank too. I'm pretty sure all the big names make something similar. We raced last year both with 12ft aluminum boats, and he edged me out a few boat lengths on the way back to the dock. I've got 100lbs on him, but that little 4hp can move.

As far as the motor worth more than the boat, yeah, that's kinda how it works. Marine engines are $$$$. Ask the tournament guys how much $$$ those 250's are worth hanging off the back. Makes motorcycle racing look cheap. Like I said, bust out another thousand (or 2, or 10....)

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

General rule of thumb on marine motors is $1,000/10 hp.