1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Haner on Valvoline 750

Discussion in 'General' started by TX racer, Oct 24, 2001.

1. TX racer

TX racer Well-Known Member

Good luck John on your Valvoline ride at the GNF this weekend! Haner will be racing the 750 all weekend hoping to represent the Texas gang and show what he's got. After some teething trouble today, hopefully John will lay the smack down as the weekend approaches [​IMG]

Go get 'em Big John!

2. Bryan_A

Bryan_A Well-Known Member

I'm with you Tex, go get'em John! Also, good luck to Bradley Champion and Logan Young.

3. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member

I'll add Chris Newhouse to the list. I hear he's there. Hoping he rides well this weekend. John, Bradley, and Logan will take no prisoners, I'm sure. Go get 'em guys!

[This message has been edited by Jack (edited 10-28-2001).]

4. TX racer

3rd B SS, not bad especially finishing behind Acree and Harwell. [​IMG]

Keep it up John, the Texans are coming.
    Also congrats to B. Champion another up and comer!

5. TX racer

1st in the 750 heat race, and 2nd in F1! Way to go John [​IMG]

Now all you have to do is put the Valvoline bike on the top of the podium and maybe you can come back to Texas.

6. gxr1knut

gxr1knut Member

Oops, he id not quite make it on Sunday.

7. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

He was looking good and led before the red flag and restart. The guys should have given him a new rear tire. Alas...

[This message has been edited by John Ulrich (edited 10-30-2001).]

8. Kris18

Kris18 Guest

Who's riding for Valvoline next year besides Josh?

9. John Ulrich

TIW and Papa Thiam.

10. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Yeah, I'll be writing for RW next year in exchange for a factory ride. Didn't y'all see the press release? [​IMG]

JU realized that his team needed to be more equal-opportunity compliant, so he's hired a woman and a black guy to ride for him. [​IMG]

11. John Ulrich

That's old news, I've had both before, plus Latinos.

12. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

If JU still needs a rider he really needs to check out #166 who unfortunately had to start dead last due to a mechanical problem in qualifying while he was in forth place and gapping the guy in fifth. He started dead last in the 750 race which is 32nd and finished in 10th in 8 laps and 22 bikes of traffic and was turning times in the low 29's and 28's while passing an average of 2.75 bikes per lap. That is what I call getting the job done. Congrats to Haner for doing one hell of a job and congrats to Andy caldwell for racing at front pack speeds on a bone stock gsx-r750. I also want to thank JU for getting one of his guys to take time out of his work load to check out a blown up 600 for us. I also want to thank Tardholio for lending us his new pride and joy to race on. I'm not talking about TIW that is his old pride and joy but still his pride and joy. Tom I owe you one big time call me at the shop.

13. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Andrew:

Please remember that Andy's 750 wasn't completely stock since we yanked that high performance ground wire off of the 600 to enable his bike to run.....

14. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

I forgot does that make it a cheater motor if it has 600 parts on it?

15. John Ulrich

One race and one racetrack does not make an AMA front-runner.

But I'll be watching him...

16. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Smart choices seems to be your nack considering the track record you have with top riders. Did I mention that he was on a borrowed suspesion at VIR and only making 136 Hp and was in 6th till the last lap when 2 bikes drafted around him on the front straight. I just wish that someone would truly look at what he has done on so little. Thanks for keeping an eye on him it wont be wasted time.

17. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Geez, Andrew, thanks a lot. First you try to take away my factory ride on the Valvoline team, and then you go and call me old! [​IMG] Just for that I'm coming to harass you this week... gotta get some new rubber mounted for Tally.

18. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

...But never riders quite like me and Papa. Oh, wait, you put more stock in riding ability than in off-track personality? Never mind... give me two or three years, when I'm the 600 novice cherry-picker, and then we'll talk. [​IMG]

19. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

[​IMG] WHAT?! Papa's Black! Papa, why didn't you tell me? [​IMG]

20. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Whew! [​IMG] For a minute there I thought you were going to start giving away those personal secrets I shared with you. [​IMG]

I'll give you a call this week and harass you a bit. I'll try not to wake you up from your afternoon nap. [​IMG]