1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joey Dunlop Statue

Discussion in 'General' started by apexspeed, Apr 30, 2002.

1. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 30, 2002
  2. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

That is very deserving for him..

3. wera256

wera256 Well-Known Member

:) I'll be racing up in Aghadowey and Nutts corner in the next couple of months, will have to drop over and see it. I'm glad they have done something to remember Joey. Watched one of the road races (from last week) last night and they would have been hard pressed to catch Joey Dunlop, it was raining.

The amount of Arai Joey Dunlop Replica helmets here is unbeliveable but nice to to all the same.

4. Bryan_A

Bryan_A Well-Known Member

What a great racer :( . He deserves it :)

5. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Now that is a nice piece of sculpture. :)

6. projekt9

projekt9 der Klugscheißer

I got a hold of some of the collectable stamps from MANX stamp News last year. Very cool indeed.

Man, I wish I could get to see those short circuit races...
    I see Michael Swann won the Temple 100 at Aghadowey.
    Is he an up and comer? How old is he?
    And, Darran Lindsay won both the 250cc GP races too.
    What's that track like to race?

When is the Tandragee 100 going off?

Nutts is the 6th right?
    Is there any way you could get some video of yourself? Or of the other races maybe?
    How about some action pic's ? I would love to see some from there. Good luck when you race there, and kick some ass.

George

7. Rich Around

Rich Around Well-Known Member

http://www.roadracers.uk.com
    pretty cool site
    dammit, i hate this new bbs format, there are so many options to choose from, it's like going to the goddamn store to buy TP, you just stand there and look at all the different brands and don't know what to get.

8. wera256

Have a look this is Swanns bio....

http://www.maxrpm.co.uk/Default.asp?maxs=riderDetails&id=78

Tandragee this weekend....

There is a site that has allot of race pictures from here, I'll find it out and post it. I am racing a national event 11/12 May and unlike WERA the MCUI here don't split up the classes so I will be racing against all the big guys, Swann, Swanton, Archibald, Hincks, Lougher.........last place sounds good........£40,000 GP250's, EX BSB superbikes, TT Superbikes they are all going to be here. Going to have a hard time staying with these guys if at all but it's the experiance that counts. Some of these guys have been racing for a good while and have decent backing. The way the races are run here is allot different than the US, there is only on race series here and everybody races it, so you get top level guys racing with mid level and slow guys really pretty disheartening to get beat in a Clubman(Novice) race by an expert (national here) rider who has entered or for that matter 11 national riders and end up in 21 and 25 place. These guy where lapping 6 to 7 seconds faster than me (my second time on this track) and 1 to 2 seconds off the lap record the whole time. If it was a clubman race I would be in the top 10. I nearly quit when I went to enter my second race which had more national riders in it than clubman riders and it was a clubman race...they get the points and the prize money, WERA does a great job with there riders and racers....... Ohh and there is no rules for the bikes in the 201-1010 class anything goes we sort off. Here is the class structure 125gp, SS400, SS600, 201-1010cc, Pre '93. and that's it..........

9. wera256

www.monpics.com

This is the website with allot of good Irish road racing pcis.

john

10. projekt9

projekt9 der Klugscheißer

Thanks John,
    I wasn't familiar with actual structure, though I knew there was only one series. Has to make for some 'interesting' moments when you have national guys on TT and ex BSB bikes come whizzing past... Man, Lougher and Archibald?! Damn...
    Those lads are ultra fast, and 'xperienced to boot!

Thanks for the pic site link too.
    Definitly keep us posted on your activities and results over there!
    short circuit and 'road' events are awesome.
    Well, a week and half to go, enjoy some good racing mate.