1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jim Sublet...

Discussion in 'General' started by Renaissance man, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Over 20 years ago, I was in my foxhole on the Kuwaiti, Saudi, Iraq border. Mail call came in and I get a christmas card for "Jim and Anita Sublet". I had never met Jim and I will tell you that his words helped me feel a little better and made me look forward to racing when I got back stateside.

I met Jim face to face at the WERA GNF the next year when I returned. Jim had the typical worn out expression of non-stop complaints that most race officials have at any event. We had a nice discussion. He told me that, "he was not sure if he wanted to keep doing this and he had some bike projects he would like to focus on."

Over 20 years later, I still see Jim at the GNF doing a great job and helping to keep racers from screwing up (a tall task indeed). I just wanted to take a moment to thank Jim for his many years of dedication, and his sincere desire to make racing safer and better for all of us.

Marcus McBain

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Well said, Marcus. :up:

3. joec

joec brace yourself

sublet is definitely good people. entertaining to watch. when hes having fun, or chewing out someone for a boneheaded move.

the rv stuck in the bridge at nelson will always stand out in my mind as one of the great sublet moments. i thought his head was going to pop.

thanks for looking out for us jim. amazing how people never complain about you. means youre doing it right!

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Very well said. Jim is one of the best.

5. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Cool story :up:

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

+1

Made my day.:)

7. Tifosi

Tifosi Well-Known Member

+1 and thanks Jim:up:

8. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

It has been my pleasure to know Jim and Anita for the whole 7 years that i have been participating in WERA events. They both have always been professional and helpful, if sometimes slightly "salty."

9. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

I have known Jim for about 40 years. Raced with him for about half of them. 1st. class guy and a good friend and neighbor.

Sam Williams #47 SCVR

10. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Mr. Sublet is a stand up guy who can still corner low! :up:

11. ton

ton Arf!

huge respect for Jim.

12. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Thanks, Jim:up:

13. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Alright, who are you clowns and what have you done with the real beeb ??

14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Good job Jim! Thanks!:up:

15. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

16. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Def first class people!

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Sublet scolded me for wearing flip flops in hot pit. I was almost happy it happened, felt like a right of passage. :D

18. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Jim Sublet is awesome, I'm thankful for what he does.

19. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

20. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

Haven't seen a track in almost 1 1/2 decades. Some people you never forget. Jim is one of those.