1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jetting for 98 GSXR 600

Discussion in 'General' started by nov292, Feb 3, 2000.

1. nov292

nov292 Guest

I will be racing it in production with the stock exhaust system. I would like to put on a K&N air filter and will be using racing fuel. The stock jets are 135/132.5

Can anyone give me an idea of the jetting just to get me close?

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

IS ther something wrong with it now?

3. nov292

nov292 Guest

No. I just want a little extra HP. In production there isn't much else you can do other than K&N, race fuel and jetting. I just wanted to know if race fuel and a filter was going to throw off the jetting and if so any experienced ideas with what that would be.

4. WERA_16

WERA_16 Guest

Despite motor, there are still several things that you can do. Sometimes it's not Horsepower that will give you the boost. Best advice I was given is to dial in your suspension the best you can, that's corner speed. And as for jetting, your filter may throw it off, but unless I'm wrong, isn't adding a filter illegal for that class?

5. nov292

nov292 Guest

p) The OEM air box must be used and an OEM type filter must be properly installed (a K&N style direct replacement filter is an acceptable OEM type). The only modification allowed is the sealing of airbox drains

This is the rule I was looking at. I'll change the filter, but keep the stock airbox. The bike is solid on the track so I think the suspension is right. My gearing was great for the TGPR practice at the beginning of Jan. The suspension and gearing are right. I would like to race up in a couple classes and I just want as many ponies as I can get with production equipment.

I know the biggest speed improvement will be my own ability. [​IMG]

(Does anyone have an idea of what competitive novice C prod lap times will be at TGPR?)

6. wera731

wera731 Active Member

No one has any idea what any class' lap times will be like because no race has ever been run on the new track configuration. February will be it's first race. Somebody is gonna come out of there with a track record. At least until the National in June.