1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jennings or road atlanta?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by 92illpony, Oct 26, 2010.

1. 92illpony

92illpony Well-Known Member

i've never been to either of these tracks. I've only done CMP, and all the VIR configurations except grand. Looking to do one if not both of these tracks in the next month or so. Road A looks awesome from the couple of videos i've watched and only watched 2 minutes or so of jennings. Which do you guys prefer as a next fix for trackday?

2. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Really?

3. SpeedyRican916

SpeedyRican916 Well-Known Member

Road Atlanta. All day.

A lot of people like Jennings for some reason. I for one, absolutely fucking hate it. A lot.

4. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

I HATE Road Atl!!! Do Jennings!!!!

5. 418

418 Expert #59

Jennings is a oversize go kart track compared to RA.

6. SpeedyRican916

SpeedyRican916 Well-Known Member

Vito's a crack head.

7. 92illpony

i have no experience at either but one of my buds wants road a and another wants to do jennings..i'm trying my best to hit up road a.

8. Jaxxon1000

Jaxxon1000 New Member

JenningsGP

I haven't ridden Jennings yet either, but noticed it's overall orientation is counter-clockwise which gives you 9-10 left turns vs most tracks are clockwise and have a higher percentage of rights.

I turn better left for some reason so I'm looking forward to riding that track. Turn 2 looks insanely fun...

[​IMG]

9. MotorPsycho

MotorPsycho Registered Lurker

Road Atlanta is 1.83 times better than Jennings. It's also fast.

10. dexxx

dexxx Active Member

Road Atlanta would be the better track to go to, but for the broke or cheap people Jennings is a favorite.

Considering Road Atlanta around 205 one day and Jennings is around 240 for a Sunday and Monday.

11. 92illpony

i am a cheap ass but i'm going to ROAD A. wife just gave the go ahead. i'm stoked.

12. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

True, but your tires will look better after two days at Road A than they will after you pit out at Jennings LOL

13. 92illpony

speaking of tires, i currently have a dunlop 209 soft on the rear of the rc51. it has 1 day on the from VIR patriot. Its still in great shape but would it last a weekend or just 1 day at road a?

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

15. maine11204

maine11204 Well-Known Member

Road A ONLY because its better on tires!

16. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Road Atlanta is probably my favorite track. You'll like it a lot better than Jennings. Jennings is a great track as well, just not as good as Road A.

17. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

Depending of your level of riding?:up:

If you a mid "I" to "A" you may need to flip that rear and have other fresh rear ready just in case, and I would suggest to get a 211gp-a med/hard, much better tire

18. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

Depending of your level of riding?:up:

If you a mid "I" to "A" you may need to flip that rear and have other fresh rear ready just in case, and I would suggest to get a 211gp-a med/hard, much better tire

19. 92illpony

i'd say i'm really close to picking up an A sticker with nesba. I'll probably flip it and bring an extra tire if i can find one. Thanks for the info guys. I got the 209 for free so i can't complain. I was running the pirelli trackday slicks.

20. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

They're 2 completely different tracks. Both are great tracks!

Road A - Elevation, faast...loong straight, easier on tire wear, cost more to run there, and have to go through a trackday club org (NESBA, STT, etc.).

JenningsGP - Flat, technical track. To go fast here, YOU better be fast, because you're not at high speeds very long. I believe this may be a reason lots of peeps say they don't like it.... because they ride/have fast bike, but they're slow and can't get around there, whereas it's probably seems simpler to go fast at Road A because it's much more open to faster speeds. Jennings is more accessible to run there since they run their own trackdays (2 weekends (Sat, Sun, Mon) a month). The track does wear the left side of tires pretty quick, especially if you run quick times there, or ride a liter bike.

I really like both tracks! How anyone can hate a track is beyond me! Should just be thankful there are multiple tracks to ride, and learn to ride 'em all.