1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January 24th 2016 - Let's Ride! Nola Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'Other' started by caustin101, Jan 21, 2016.

1. caustin101

caustin101 Member

Hi everyone I'm one of the new motorcycle track day coordinators at Nola Motorsports Park. I'm also a racer, (WERA Ex. #720) I'm taken over this position as a volunteer to help try to get an increase in motorcycle attendance at that park. This includes NOLA Motorcycle track days, WERA racing, STT, AHRMA, CMRA and hopefully MotoAmerica someday! did someone mention #Superhooligan racing? Stay tuned!

In the past we have teamed up with WERA at NOLA and have had some great racing, and good times.

Oops!! I will also state that Management has CHANGED before you all start beating me up for what happened last fall. I was not a part of that, I would have been there racing to, so I'll leave it at that. I will say the new CEO is very promising, and so far the changes have been good. He wants to bring in more two wheel events! We will also be looking at adding some of the NOLA days before the WERA rounds, no guarantees but it's another angle we are looking into.

TO my point - If any of you racers need to get on that bike, do dome testing, or just ride -
    Nola will be hosting their first standalone motorcycle day this Sunday the 24th of January, gates open at 7am / ride until 5. I know this isn't racing and I'm posting on a race forum, but I want to see more bikes! More racers, more sponsors! So it is a chance to ride and a chance for you yanks to get out of the freezing cold for a while!! :) By the way the front straight has just been repaved, so get on it before the cars "F" it up again...

If your interested you can find the registration info on motorsportreg.com or
    HERE

If you want to camp out Saturday that's ok to, just be there by 9pm, camping is free - hookups are $40. and must be registered for in advance by emailing [email protected].

Thanks all!! [email protected] if you got any questions!

Laissez les bons temps rouler! - Cajun636 can explain that one.. BTW the one and only Cajun636 will be the control rider on Sunday!!

[​IMG]
    cajun636Honda Junkie. -

roy826ex likes this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

almost tempting, just to irritate him

how much?

3. caustin101

caustin101 Member

LOL - You could definitely have some fun with that! $200. We also have the kart track open that day, you can ride your supermoto / grom / ninja, etc for $50

4. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I'll be there!

5. caustin101

caustin101 Member

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Hey now!! Cost is $200. It's my understanding that
    Hey!!! lol

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Will we have to dodge him sliding around the track?

Has he been evaluated since after the GNF? A man can only hit the ground so many times.

Is there a carb cleaning seminar?

Dragginass likes this.
  8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I have been cleared and given the thumbs up. The bike dodging/ carb cleaning seminar will be given in tech at lunch time. I'll show you dynamic moves like the tuck and roll, the shake and wiggle and the special carb cleaning technique of the Twisted Firestarter followed by the Noah's flood. :D

Come one come all!

Dragginass likes this.
  9. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Lost interest now that you've said Ed will be there

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

LOL