1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've noticed something

Discussion in 'General' started by banzai132, Dec 19, 2015.

1. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

I was watching some old dvd's last night of WSB/GP. I have noticed that the trophies are about 1/3 the size of what they were ten years ago.

2. joec

joec brace yourself

This should be amusing...

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Maybe the dudes are just getting bigger.

4. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Smaller trophies for the smaller balls they have.

:)

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Bigger is Not always better

6. They are 10x and strong and 1/20th the weight, modern technology with materials and structural analysis has made its way into trophies as well.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

Do you thunk they bitch to their "mongo" abouf the trophies?

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

You want them to go back to these?

[​IMG]

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Johnny B, Please excuse my ignorance but, I'd really like to hear the story behind that because I just don't have a clue what that means.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

Gas jeans?

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Wasn't it Diesel jeans ?

12. Johnny B

Diesel Jeans sponsored Word Superbike back in the day. It was funny to see the top three racers on the podium receiving these bases with a jean jacket on it. They looked like somebody invisible was wearing them with their arms outstretched like they were hugging someone. I wasn't aware of the pants one until I dug up this picture of Carl Fogarty holding what the caption in the article says is his championship trophy.

13. Johnny B

Here's something else. Henry DeGouw used to hand out race trophies at Florida CCS that looked more like they should have been championship trophies.
    Penguin used to hold their school for the December race and then the Woods would hang out for the weekend and pick up some trophies.

[​IMG]

14. banzai132

Yes, I have won a few of those too!

15. banzai132

Oh Shaun, I was watching an IOM dvd from 2003 last night. Guess who I saw racing the production and Senior classes!
    :)