1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

it's time I confessed....

Discussion in 'General' started by BiZ, Dec 16, 2008.

1. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

In light of Stu's confession, and I suppose in the spirit of this holiday season, there's something I need to get off my chest. I, too, have been leading a double BBS life. When I first came to this BBS, it was in it's infancy. There were only a few semi-intelligent people, and a couple of trolls. It was nothing like the power house it is today. But I could already tell, from these humble beginnings, that this was going to be some place special.

At this point in my internet career, I had already been banished from multiple message boards across the interwebs. And frankly, was feeling a little down on myself. Was there no place I could call home? No place where I could lord over all who posted, and assert my superior opinions and intellect on the inferior motorcycle related masses who stumble about this vast digital universe? But then, like a beacon from a higher power, there was a shining light off in the horizon. When I discovered this place, it was like a ray of warm sunshine beaming down upon me. And I knew instantly that I had found my true internet home. I knew that this was my one shot. I had to come up with a persona that transcended not only this BBS, but motorcycle racing in general.

Let me back up just a little bit. Up until this point I had a little side business as a web designer. It was the late '90's, and I had been setting up websites for plastic surgeons, and small insurance companies. But I had also been doing a lot of message board stuff for tech and gaming websites. When I found 13x.com and then the WERA bbs, it couldn't have been more then a week old. So on a whim, I tried the default Admin login and password used in almost all bbs software, and sure enough it was still active.

The game was afoot. I would have just one shot, and I had better make it count. Initially, I had decided this would be just a one time thing. I was going to make a few posts, flex my status and intellect, and then cut and run. I didn't want to give anyone a chance to question my existence, or the things I said. But like so many before me... So many who have been busted living a double life will tell you, I literally became addicted to my alter ego. My alter ego was, is... more popular and loved then me. I know what you're thinking..... But It's even hard for me to believe, now that I reflect on the entirety of it all. The length and duration of this scam, not to mention how many other people have been playing along, enabling and perpetuating my alter ego, is truly staggering. But alas, everything I'm about to tell you is completely true, regardless of what anyone else tries to say.

With my original few posts, I expected a chuckle or two, and maybe a bitch slap or three. But the exact opposite occurred! Instead of rapidly being put in my place, and banished for life, posters galore began following me like a flock of sheep! You all began hanging on to my every word, and backing up everything I had said with a religious fervor the likes at which haven't been seen since David Keresh. I felt loved. I was, or I am, or he is rather, loved by almost everyone on this bbs. Oh sure, there were a few who had suspicions. But thanks to my admins, both secret and known to you all, plus the individual I was impersonating, all who questioned me were banned and their posts deleted before suspicions among the masses could be raised.

Anyways, it's time I came clean. My conscious can no longer bear the heavy burden I have placed upon it. I haven't slept in months. I've been puking up blood from all the ulcers. And I've been having trouble eating for the last few weeks. So it's high time I man up, do the right thing and confess to my sins. You all deserve better. You all deserve the truth. I owe it to the racing community to come clean. I understand in all likelihood I probably need psychiatric help of some sort. I can't believe a sane and normal person would do what I did for the amount of time that I have done it, and with that amount of passion. There has got to be something deficient in my brain to explain the ease at which I have committed this fraud. Rest assured I will go to any lengths to get better. And I want to, no, I NEED to apologize to everyone who is, was, or might have been affected by my actions. I don't expect forgiveness from any of you. And if our paths should cross anywhere in real life, I fully expect a beating from many of you. I am truly, deeply, and profoundly sorry to anyone I may have hurt, in any respect. So, with that said....

I am Mongo.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Snopes says this can't possibly be true based on the lack of pie and Yuengling references in your confession.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

fixtit4ya. Carry on.

4. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

5. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

No way, Biz is way cooler than Mongo. :D

6. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

I'm calling bullshit. There is no way, if you really are Mongo, that you could have typed all that. Everyone here knows that Mongo only types one or two line posts due to the buffalo hock and gallon jug of beer that occupies his hands.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm really joe morris's twisted sense of humor. There is no dave k, it's just an elaborate joke that took on a life of it's own.

And I, joe Morris, am laughing at you all while I drink my fair trade half soy, double foam decaf. Ha on you all!

8. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Wow. That was elaborate.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

You really think anyones gonna believe Mongo has ever puked anything?:Poke:

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Man .. you need to get out more. Seriously.

:D

11. BiZ

The short and to the point posts were part of my ruse, to prevent my true identity from being known. Again, I am truly sorry. Clearly you are one of those I've hurt most.

12. BiZ

I agree with you! Being Mongo was like a full time job! I am very sorry if I/Mongo ever hurt you Ed!

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It's okay. Over the years I've learned how to deal with your/Mongo's personality. I'm sorry that the BBS has taken such control of you life that must surf on it every living, waking moment of your life. I hope letting this out will grant you serenity and peace now. Perhaps how you can get that Gingerman date locked up and stop posting here. :D

14. ScottyRock155

You bring up a good point Eddie, I think everyone should use this opportunity to tell Biz how they REALLY feel about him/Mongo. :D

15. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Biz, i met u at beaverun in the garages with Scott Rosey... i dont care what you say, u youre way too skinny and not nearly harry enough to be Mongo.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We couldn't get Gingerman for 09 but hope to for 2010. We however do have one at Bluegrass thanks to Monte and STT that we'll be announcing later today...

17. ScottyRock155

Does Insider Guy know about this???

18. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

He knew about it weeks ago!

19. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I'm stepping out for smokes. Take your time coming to your senses. I'll be taking the long way back to the 'net so I can kick some stinkin hippy's in what I like to call "Happy Hour".

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Nice. That Monte - a gentleman and a scholar he is.