1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's real, family hurt ya most and money/land grab

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, May 22, 2022.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Continue :/

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Got into the absinthe again, did we?

L8RSK8R and Rebel635 like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Did you at least get the rose bushes?

[​IMG]

BigBird, L8RSK8R and G 97 like this.
  4. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

It amazes me how shitty people get when money or property is involved. I learned a long time ago family is just an umbrella you put related people under; it doesn't equate to being treated respectfully. From what I have seen, I don't expect most families to treat other family members differently from a stranger walking down the street once things get contentious or more than $10 is involved.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmmm, can’t say I’ve had the same experience. Family has been nothing but cordial and understanding of everything. It is sad to think there are family/people out there who become selfish and disconnected when large sums of money and assets are involved. But I guess shitty people are simply shitty people, regardless.

5axis, SGVRider and L8RSK8R like this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I told my first mother in law MANY times as she annoyingly would go down the roster of EVERY damned member of my family she'd met at my wedding.

"How's Your Uncle? How's your Aunt? How's your Grandfather? How's your Grandmother?"...etc etc...over and over on down the line. Every fucking time we came over for dinner.

"If you want to know so damned bad, fucking call them...they don't call me and I don't care"

"Oh I know you really do care Darrin."

"No. I really don't. Just because we share DNA doesn't make us friends."

It got so bad that when she'd start, I'd just answer her with their phone numbers.

So one night, on her birthday, she started in on me at the table.....I'd had it. So, I shut her down.

"Hey...I have an idea....let's compile a top ten list of annoying fucking questions Dawn asks me every fucking time I come over, and with it we can add the same annoying top ten answers I always give. She can read it before I arrive and MAYBE we can start our evening from a different point and actually have an enjoyable dinner."

If you met her, you'd understand..Kindergarten teacher, snooty Rhode Islander, and talked to me for over a decade like I was 5. Brought out my "charming" side.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Interesting. What’s the common denominator in all of this? :D

BigBird, TurboBlew, YamRZ350 and 6 others like this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Nice try G....When I first joined the USAF and they moved me to MD, I reached back to many of them...but no reach back. Eventually I realized I was running up a phone bill for no reason and quit. Life only offers you so many resources, and I'm not going to expend mine on anyone that's not reciprocal. A dollar I could spend on my son instead is MUCH better spent.

SpeedyE, L8RSK8R, R Acree and 3 others like this.
  9. L8RSK8R

Back on the Lagunitas.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I hear ya L8rSk8r ... at some point you come to the realization that it just isn't worth the fight and move on with a life lesson.

Life's too short to surround yourself with crappy people even if they are 'family'.

ToofPic, Gixxerguy855 and L8RSK8R like this.
  11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It depends on the family, but it’s also substantially cultural I think.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If the only time you see blood relatives is at a funeral, cull the list and choose a list of others to take their place.

ToofPic, Gixxerguy855 and L8RSK8R like this.
  13. L8RSK8R

9 kids in the family.
    My sister (power of attorney for my parents) takes a vacation to Capri for a week.
    I was in Palm Springs rebuilding the pergola at my brother's place.

My Dad's on his death bed, my Mum's deep in dementia/Alzheimer's, and my other sister and 2nd eldest brother bring in the solicitor/lawyer, who's a friend of my brother's.....and change my Dads will.

10 acres, prefab log cabin and 9 horses, another foal was born yesterday.
    Property worth 1/2 mill pounds, one horse "Vuelta" could sell for $300/$500k

Original will as told by my Dad 6 years ago, the property and breeding/show jumping business was setup for the four sons currently living in the US.
    My brother Patrick has been over there for 9 months already, working the farm/horses as my Dad's cancer/health wouldn't allow him to work.
    Im almost ready (passport should be here end on May/start of June) to head over there.

Now said sister and brother are being complete dicks to my family currently in Ireland.
    They've pulled a fast one and convinced my Dad to change his will.
    Said brother is a gambler and I'd guesstimate in his lifetime, he hasn't legitimately earned more than 200k pounds working a real job and he's 57 years auld.

The house here financed the purchase of the property and I'm still making payments on it.

Ugh, I don't even wanna go over there now.

Pass me the absinthe :/

ToofPic likes this.
  14. L8RSK8R

IMG-20220521-WA0012.jpg

ToofPic, BigBird and G 97 like this.
  15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My mom died a year ago next week. I finally cleared her estate in April. I only have one sibling, and everything went perfect between us.

I have to ask, was this a surprise to you or do you look back and say yeah, they're the kind of people that would do this.

L8RSK8R and Britt like this.
  16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Mom died January a year ago, 1 Sister, not super close, split down the middle'ish, I gave her 51% as she is the eldest..(I always told her I'd fuck her out of "Her Half", I didn't..end story.
    Hate the BS, Money, Property and Death bring.

ToofPic, evakat and BigBird like this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That stinks, hope you guys get it straightened out.

18. L8RSK8R

rd, surprised and disappointed my Dad fell for it.
    Wish I could hear what they were telling him.

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sorry man, it shouldn't be this way as I'm sure you know. Sad how greed affects some people. I hope it works out for you.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sounds like someone needs a punch in the face and a dressing down in front of a bunch of friends and family.
    At least get a lawyer and contest it, getting a very ill person to change their will near the end can and should be contested, especially if you think that this isn't normal for your father. Good luck.

Gino230, Montoya, BigBird and 3 others like this.