1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's pronounced PUTNUM!

Discussion in 'General' started by SClark, Apr 29, 2002.

?

How do you pronounce PUTNAM??

Poll closed May 4, 2002.
  1. PUTT-num

40 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. POOT-num

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. PUTT-nam

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. POOT-nam

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

So, my wonderful SO, JLG, has been berating me on my pronunciation of the word PUTNAM.

I won't tell you how I say it, but please cast your vote as to how you do:

PUTT-Num
    POOT-Num
    PUTT-Nam
    POOT-Nam

2. JLG

JLG Well-Known Member

Just checked the results, let the berating continue :D :D :D :D

Ya know you're going to slip up and say it your way and then we can all laugh at you, it's no fun keeping it all to myself. :p

3. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

I say it like Poot-num... but only because I want to be just like Clark when I grow up. :D

Don't change your pronunciation just because of a few people "making fun" of you Steve. What else would we do to entertain ourselves? :D :eek:

4. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Yep, it's put-num. Ya see, I'm a hoosier. That means I'm FROM Indiana. Hell, my uncle Bud lives jist outsida Green Castle and that's IN put-num county and THAT'S in Indiana, where I live, bein' that I'm a hoosier and all, hence my claim that I'm FROM here, in Indiana....

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

And continue and continue and...

6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Speaking of Putnam, whose holding he practice there Friday? Does anyone know the rate? tks...

7. JLG

JLG Well-Known Member

:D

8. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Steve, Re: your post about the flatslides....it's Keihin, not Keihnen...It's easy to say...it rhymes with Putnam:D

9. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

Hooked ohn phonics says it should be Putt-num. :) Not that I would konw or antying.

10. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Friday practice is hosted by the track. Cost is $75/bike. Gates open at 7:30am Friday and you can't get in on Thursday to setup. :(

Practice is from 9-4 and they kick your ass out at 6pm whether your bike is put back together or not. :eek:

11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

OK thanks. I'll be there. One nice thing is lots of people leave all their equipment set up at the track on Saturday nights. They watch the place pretty close. I'll be doing that Friday night.....

12. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

rhymes with...

It would be about a 20 hr drive for me.
    Putnam rhymes with Butt-Numb...:D

13. WERA29

You call that nice? :confused: The only way I'm leaving my shit all setup at the track overnight is when I'm camping right next to it. I GA-RON-TEE our stuff will be locked up tight in the trailer until we get back in the morning.

I'm sorry, but if you can't build a track with power that allows camping then don't even bother. :rolleyes: If Putnam wasn't on the WERA schedule I wouldn't give them a dime of my money.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boy, you is just too damned spoiled.

15. WERA29

Blame it on WERA. They picked cool tracks for the SE series. Those bastards! ;)

16. PKS Racing Services

PKS Racing Services Timing and Crewing

LOL, Sean, you think it's bad now, wait until we have both VIR and Barber on the schedule.:eek:

17. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

Yeah,
    Well just wait until we get Rauch Creek and Beaver Run built.
    Just wait and wait and wait a little longer… [​IMG]