1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its over.......... or is it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cajun Kid, Sep 12, 2016.

1. caferace

caferace No.

Well, the beeb is kinda the methadone of racing. You may have quit shooting up, but you still need a fix. :D

-jim

Phl218, BigBird and baconologist like this.
  2. Nothing wrong with that. I hung it up right when my little girl was 2 as well. Once her and I started connecting (people without kids probably won't understand) I just couldn't really do it anymore. Worst part is I could afford it more then than in previous years. You had a good career, good memories and made some good friends. I'd call that a successful racing career.

3. That's what I took up last year. It's a blast and takes the edge off for sure, but still not the same. I'm fortunate enough to have a couple top 5 GNCC guys to teach me so I'm sure as I go faster it will get more fun but my true passion is on asphalt. One really good thing about trails are the smell of 2 stroke. I ride my KTM 300 over the Husky 450 just because I giggle and smile at just the sound of a 2 stroke.

MELK-MAN and Cajun Kid like this.
  4. It's like jacking off vs the real thing :).

caferace and Cajun Kid like this.
  5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Then your kid gets the bug.....

BigBird likes this.
  6. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Thanks man, She is just so sweet and learning new stuff everyday.

I'm really going to miss lining'em up at RRR. That place is special to me.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Well, I'm glad its on your terms sir.

Even tho we've never met, I always enjoy your banter on here.

I guess ya never know tho.....CB350 you say?;)

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

dangit. mine is just over 1 y.o. right now and i'm considering selling all the racing shit and buying a boat or something else stupid. and i haven't even raced a full season.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's a up and down thing...at least for me it was. I try to fit in some days here and there. Always wish WERA races were closer to me. I think all good parents go through it. Eventually you may not even have enough time for it all, but enjoy it while you can, and try not to give up too much of yourself in the process. Your good intentions may turn into resentment.

10. My 4 year old has a pw50 and loves it. My biggest thing was my head wasn't in it anymore. If you have that worry taking your mind off your tasks when being on the track it's time to hang it up. Same reason I gave up street riding after being on the track a couple years, caught myself more than a few times not looking around vs just looking at where I'm going so I sidelined street riding. One of the toughest things I've ever done. I'm still around the track a lot and involved in some behind the scenes stuff. I actually had/ have more fun helping other people than I did riding wether it is physical, sponsor stuff or financially, etc.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

All this means is now I have to try and catch your ass on the 450f you'll end up buying..

Cajun Kid likes this.
  12. Cajun Kid

LOL,

me on a 450...... Lights out baby ;)

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That mean you'll crash it?:D

Stumpy likes this.
  14. Cajun Kid

Come on man, crashing and me don't mix LOL

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Cajun you're a good dude and I hope the best for you whatever it is. You can always come back to bike racing when the stars align. Good luck man.

Cajun Kid likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Glad you quit on your terms and sold your bike.

Also glad my son was still in college when you quit, because I really thought your bike would have been awesome for him to try. I can imagine the two of us trying to craft ways to come up with the money.

Your name has Kid in it, so I previously thought you were young, how old are you?

Cajun Kid likes this.
  17. Cajun Kid

I'm 38. But I feel 22, and am as competitive as ever. That's one of the things that is really hard about stopping racing.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

You'll be back.... no doubt. Hell with the exception of Stoner and Kris Wall. I'm not sure anyone in the history of ever has retired and stayed retired.

Although I gotta admit she is a little cutie. As good of reason as any to quit.

Cajun Kid and BigBird like this.
  19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

wow... you look 19! :D Some white out on your birth certificate we'll get you into the RC390 cup! :D

Boman Forklift and Cajun Kid like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kris isn't a sure thing even now :crackup:

cajun636 likes this.