1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's coming..

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GrantMLS, Feb 23, 2003.

1. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

everyone ready for it? still 3 days away and already not able to go to sleep!

2. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Getting ready

I have to bolt me new top end on, Saw your bike Saturday Grant,, it looks good, see you at Jenings

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Well dudes, have fun playing at NFMP. Work has conspired against me going. I was down there two weekends ago doing some testing and tuning and the track is in good shape. Fat Bloke has lines painted all the way around the track, brake markers in place and curbing installed now. This makes creating visual references much easier. I guess I'll have to wait until RRR to see how the the RZ fares against the new competition this year. I really wish this event was over the course of a weekend instead of the middle of the week. Bummer for me.

4. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

Joe, sounds like it's time to find a new job?You can't let work get in the way of your hobbies.:) I think you are just scared I might run v-5.:D :D Sorry you can't make it!!!!! TIM

5. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Don't worry Joe- I will record my lap times and getback to you... and Tim- looks like you better sign up for V-5- that grid is missing a 4- stroke contingent I think...
    I have a big pile in my garage that will be shoehorned into my van in the AM.... I hope it goes as fast as it looks......

6. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Last post! Joe Slocum & I are leaving Roanoke, VA in 3 minutes...see you guys at Jennings :)

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I am so bummed I am not going. Oh well, at least I'll save some money.

8. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

i guess ill finnish one spot closer to the front!:)

9. wera688

wera688 Well-Known Member

My EX motor is not ready so RRR will also be my next race. Comin at ya Joe! So.....I'm going to Germany-Frankfurt then to Cologne for Winterfest. I'll hoist a beer or two for my racing friends this weekend.

10. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Make sure you check out Köln while you're there.:p

Last edited: Feb 24, 2003
  11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Bring it on. I've got some new Gary Stumm RZ motor mojo goin' on for '03. Have a great time in Deutchland. See if you can find out if the new VW Multivan will be imported into the USA if you have a chance. It's an updated version of the Eurovan. I'm up to 146,000 miles on mine and I'd rather wait for the new version to get here rather than getting a newer version of mine.

mmmm T5 version Multivan with TDI engine mmmmm.

12. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Sorry you can't make it Joe. There's going to be quite a bit of competition. I'll try to make it to RRR to make life interesting.

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Yea, it really sucks. But, racing is a luxury and I've got to take care of the home front first. There are plenty of more races in 2003. Besides, I really need to save the vacation days for the GNF anyhow.