1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italy pay ransom

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by MarkB, Sep 29, 2004.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The Halliburton/KBR folks do live in protected areas guarded by civilian and military security but their work is done outside of these compounds. There doesn't seem to be enough security protecting the convoys that are moving to and from the work sites. :(

These people are doing it to help and to make money. The pay for most is outstanding and worth the risk to many. That is emphasis on most... I turned down a job with KBR due to lack of salary. :eek:

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:rolleyes:

Does that rhetoric work in court too? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

:D :D :D

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't get the impression that the killing of journalist Enzo Baldoni galvanized the Italians. It seemed (just my perception) to have the opposite effect. Why would have been any different if Berlusconi had let the Simonas get murdered as well?

It's easy for us to be the tough guy from the comfort of our office or living room, but can anyone honestly say they would have told the government to stand firm if it was their wife or sister? Just curious. I certainly wouldn't.

That said, the good feeling from seeing them get away vanished today when I heard they are planning to return to Iraq. They say that they will be collecting funds to repay the government before they go, but still I will not be overly concerned if they are kidnapped again.

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i disagree. i'd hate to have my wife back, and know for the rest of my life that those cowardly pig fuckers got exactly what they wanted.

yielding to terrorism simply breeds more terrorism.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

My wife is not stupid enough to think that the US would pay to get her back from a place that is known to be high risk. I don't have a sister so can't speak to that.

I would be pissed if the US paid to get me back from terrorists. Now if say they spent $1M for a covert military operation to get me then that is another issue. :D

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i agree. i'd much rather be killed by US marine gunfire than a cockroach.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, I guess you guys are real tough men.:) Personally, I would prefer not to be beheaded. If that makes me a coward, so be it. I will be a coward with a head.:D

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

not tough. just not spineless manure.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You are aware that the last American who was beheaded was killed over a period of several minutes, aren't you?

10. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

I'll admit it, I'd rather have my head and my wife.

I'd be more inclined to die myself rather than feel any patriotic pride about my wife being killed. I'll be the first to say that if she were one of those women, I would support whatever means it took to get her home to me.

I guess I'm spineless, but I'd take gladly trade any amount of money for my wife's safety and health.

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yes. what is your point?

i've seen all the beheading videos.

1: change your style guys it's a bit repetitive.
    2: speak in english dumbasses, the people you are trying to scare don't speak. nor understand the 15 minute long drivel before you get down to business.
    3: if you are going to try and industrialize sawing off people's heads on camera, GET A DECENT FUCKING CAMERA AND HIRE A DECENT CAMERA GUY!!

that being said, the cockroach terrorist would kill me long befor my ultimatum was due, because i would be cursing them and calling them out for what they truly are non stop.

but you go ahead and enjoy your head on your shoulders. ;)

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

well, the point is I don't believe you. I mean, I am sure you actually believe what you're saying, but I don't believe this is what would happen. There is no scientific analysis behind it at all. It's just a personal opinion that you just can't possibly know in advance how you will react to that kind of savagery. I will be the first to admit I was wrong if you do something that proves me wrong.:)

13. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

I don't know...I think self preservation would kick in. You would try and find a way to live until you were dead. Just a theory.

Have you ever been in so much pain you threw up? Could you imagine being tortured to that point and beyond daily? I couldn't.

14. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

But like Papa said...I'd like to think I'd take the BW approach to it and have them kill me just to shut me up. In reality, I don't know if I could get past wanting to see my kids again and doing what I could to make that happen.

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

you are acting as if i care that you believe me? :D i know my salt papa, that's all i need. watching those tapes only re-enforce my beliefs. big deal, i know i'm going to die... and i know how i am going to die. at worst it will be over in a few minutes. (actually as soon as the carotid arteries are severed, it's over) you won't catch me crying like the korean guy. at least when they look back one of them will say "do you remember that huge pain in the ass we had to kill early? what a prick he was!" :)

16. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

ROTFLMBO!!!!!! :D

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Check into the stories of Kerry's brothers in arms that were pow's while he was maligning them from the safety of Washington. Many of them held up against torture for years. Many past pow's held out with death as the result in past wars and dided with their honor. I'm sure others did not, and none of us have the right to malign them for it.

As far as the current kidnappings, I would expect the victim's families to plead for help or salvation. It is their government which should stand firm.

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I'm not necessarily a tough guy but I'm also one that knows the importance of the bigger picture. I'm not the bigger picture.

I don't expect this country to pay a ransom for me to terrorists no matter how much me or my family cries for it. Until I'm in those shoes I don't know how I would react. I've been in situations that had you said they were going to happen I would have figured on freezing up but when it actually happened I reacted and took care of things(not alone by any means and not prison type shit).

This is similar to the fact that my wife(whom I've been separated from for over 18 months) knows I'm not to be placed on life support with no chance for meaningful life. I still trust her to make that tough decision even in the face of a Mother that might not be so ready to let go. LOL It might be an easy decision now. :D

I will never take chemo or radiation therapy for cancer if it is only going to extend my life. If it is a possible cure then sure I would do it but to extend my life a few months... NO WAY! In my heart I'm not afraid to die. Doesn't mean I won't cry like a little baby though. :p

19. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

What did you say?

20. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Not what you think I thought you said, but before I said it the first time and you said I said it again.